No announcement yet.

Why doesn't GBP buy Top Rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardPerez View Post
    i doubt bob arum has more $ than Oscar De La Hoya.

De la hoya is a susperstar not bob arum.

Bob would never sell it for 1. Never sell it to De la hoya 2.
    How many superstars has arum promoted though? He takes approximately 26% of their earnings every time they fight, after all these years in the game plus all his investments ...hes loaded. Plus hes greedy as hell

Comment

No way......................

Comment

According to Celebrity Net Worth Arum is worth 200mill and Oscar 175.

Neither one of those are right, but Arum definitely has more money than Oscar. And Top Rank is definitely worth more than GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
          I didn't know Top Rank was up for sale.

You learn something new on NSB every day. Apparently one can just swoop in and buy another company without the owners consent, because you have more money then them (and even that isn't confirmed).
          lol, I never understood why all the geniuses on nsb don't take their knowledge straight to the companies.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
            Haha, no he doesn't. Top Rank is worth significantly more than GBP. That is seriously unrealistic.
            HAHAHAHA...I know. Man, Arum may be "bad" or the sport and he may piss people off but he is greedy (nothing to do with him being Jewish....stereotyping) and has been pitting his cash cow against his other fighters for years. Arum has tons and tons of money, he is worth far more than Mayweather is.

DLH is rich, I'm sure but GBP makes poor business decisions on the whole and I think it was just last year that there were articles about how GBP was doing shady stuff and not paying their fighters the correct amounts. Think about all those Hispanic PPV's that Arum puts on, what is it like 10 a year or something and they are ALL his fighters......he gets a cut from every single fight.

Top Rank is like a rogue promo company, they don't even need to buddy up with a network, they do what they want, unlike GBP who has to rely on HBO's backing and advertising.

Comment

This thread is an Epic FAIL light Speed should get banned for making such a stupid thread.

Comment

I think Gary Shaw is more suited to buy TR, rather than GBP. He should look into it

Comment

Really? GBP buying Top Rank, there is no way that is possible. The only fighter that GBP promotes which gets them oodles of money is Floyd other than that there is nobody while Top Rank has got quite a few fighters.

Comment

Working...
                  X