Collapse
No announcement yet.

**Buster Douglas appreciation ** vids

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea as to why he threw that crazy uppercutt from outside. When you miss that kind of punch, Holyfield makes you pay, cause he's a great counterpuncher. Holy knocked down Moorer when he missed an uppercutt in their first fight and landed his famous 15 punches or so in a row on Foreman when he missed an uppercutt too.

Comment

I always said tyson was overrated

Comment

Douglas had a great great night. Upsets are the most bittersweet parts of boxing, you gotta take the good with the bad.

Comment

If he stayed focused and out of the fridge he could of been champion for so much longer .

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
            If he stayed focused and out of the fridge he could of been champion for so much longer .
            I am not too sure. He had respectable names on his resume but he did lose by stoppage 3 times even before Holyfield and lost a decision to Jesse Fergusson.
            His sole respectable stoppage win was Mike Tyson and it happened only after Tyson knocked him down. Douglas was a very good fighter , but I doubt if he could maintain his title against Holyfield , Bowe and Lewis , and as you know , the Holyfield fight was his next after Tyson , so , had he stayed focused , in shape , etc , I think he would have still lost his title to Holyfield , but he had a much better chance of losing it over the distance in a respected way , instead of how he did.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
              I am not too sure. He had respectable names on his resume but he did lose by stoppage 3 times even before Holyfield and lost a decision to Jesse Fergusson.
              His sole respectable stoppage win was Mike Tyson and it happened only after Tyson knocked him down. Douglas was a very good fighter , but I doubt if he could maintain his title against Holyfield , Bowe and Lewis , and as you know , the Holyfield fight was his next after Tyson , so , had he stayed focused , in shape , etc , I think he would have still lost his title to Holyfield , but he had a much better chance of losing it over the distance in a respected way , instead of how he did.
              Aye true, I feel if he fought the way he did against Tyson though he could of held his own against Holyfield and at least took it to a decision, Bowe and Lewis however would of been another story if he somehow did get past Holy.

Still though he could of been something so much more then he was imo.

Comment

goes to show when you give even a suppossed "bum" a chance against the best, in most minds it would be their chance to shine, it's that "now or never" mind set that gets them motivated to work their hardest, but what makes an All Time Great is that motivation but for several of years, not just one fight

Comment

Originally posted by tourlou82 View Post
                  I have no idea as to why he threw that crazy uppercutt from outside. When you miss that kind of punch, Holyfield makes you pay, cause he's a great counterpuncher. Holy knocked down Moorer when he missed an uppercutt in their first fight and landed his famous 15 punches or so in a row on Foreman when he missed an uppercutt too.
                  Cause he was flustered and desperate, and it was also the punch that started the combo to finish Tyson off, so he obviously had confidence in it.

Can you remember what round that massive combo was in?

Comment

Originally posted by TriGaFinGa View Post
                    goes to show when you give even a suppossed "bum" a chance against the best, in most minds it would be their chance to shine, it's that "now or never" mind set that gets them motivated to work their hardest, but what makes an All Time Great is that motivation but for several of years, not just one fight
                    Douglas had motivation for much more than just one fight. He had a string of wins over very good opposition before he rightfully got his shot at Tyson. No gift
                    there , he deserved his shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                      Cause he was flustered and desperate, and it was also the punch that started the combo to finish Tyson off, so he obviously had confidence in it.

Can you remember what round that massive combo was in?
                      Against Tyson he set it up though.

I agree that he was getting desperate. He hadn't trained for the fight and wanted to end it with one punch early, Holyfield made him pay for it. Douglas was too erratic to be made out to be anything more than a pretty good fighter, but against Tyson he performed marvelously indeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X