Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much value do you think you are to your Boss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I step it up when i need to and deliver big results when i want to.

Basically i can slack off and do pretty much whatever the **** i want but every once in a while i'll actually put some effort in and make a **** load of money.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
      I work in tech, and I generally agree with you, But what i'm finding recently is startups often times have no idea what they are doing. A small company can be a huge cluster****kkkk

A lot of times it's some trust fund kid trying to start a cloud company and they really don't know what they are doing.

Larger companies can provide more long term stability. And if you are laid of, they usually have better severance packages than smaller companies.

the bureaucracy can be mind numbing wiht massive companies
      IDK, maybe when I get older I'll lose my patience for the startup world but for now it's the way to go for me.

Or maybe I'll transition into freelance. That'd be cool.

Comment

I typically do the work of two people, because that's just how I work.

But I know that I'm completely expendable in the eyes of bosses, and experience teaches that the companies I work for won't hesitate to rip me off and quite literally rob me at every available opportunity.

I'm going to China to take a job soon in teaching. They are probably paying me more than I am worth, given the local economy where I'm going. That's a case of blessed communism, because likely the main driver for the high wage is the national education agenda, which directs cash to remoter regions to attract talent to them.

My experience with American companies is pretty checkered. It is no surprise, since the predominate corporate and tax structures strongly insentivises companies to rip off their employees.
        Last edited by Drunken Cat; 11-18-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X