Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Smiles: I Think Now Billy Joe Saunders is Ready!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Haha that should just be the build up. Saunders video was basically like the home made gypsy videos on youtube calling out other families, hilarious.

Saunders is actually a Romani gypsy. I think people think he's from an Irish traveller background like Fury but he isn't.
    Is he? Where did you get that info from

Comment

I'd like to see him fight BJS next and try for all 4 belts. Preferably here in the UK. Then defend them against Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
        I'd like to see him fight BJS next and try for all 4 belts. Preferably here in the UK. Then defend them against Jacobs.
        It's easier to make the fights like that and more doable...

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
          Is he? Where did you get that info from
          In his IFL interview once he was saying how people call him a *****, but that he's not even a ***** (irish traveller) because he's actually a romani gypsy. His wikipedia says so too.

Also on his profile on Warrens website it says so - https://www.frankwarren.com/fighters...-joe-saunders/

"Saunders finished in third spot at the European qualifiers in Pescara, Italy, in March 2008. This made him the first athlete from a Romani Gypsy background to compete for Great Britain at the Olympics."

Comment

Im not totally convinced that Saunders wants to fight. Its real easy to say I want to fight when the WBA is ordering Jacobs to fight. It would be great to see Billy get in the ring witb GGG. Hopefully that fight happens in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
              if you are student of boxing and have a critical thinking mind you should be able to realize GGG was sandbagging in the Brook fight.

GGG pins Brook back to the ropes with the jab within 1 minute of their fight. Everybody in the arena, especially kell and dom knew that was what G is going to do. Yet he couldn't do a single thing about it. G Unloads a vicious 2 piece with his left. Body then head to test the waters.... Brook failed the test. He buckled badly.

Magically GGG backs off and just shells up rest of the round.

Tell me something..... Why didn't GGG swarm Brook?

Was GGG out of gas in rd 1? Obviously not.

Was GGG hurt in return fire? Brook didn't throw for a good minute.

GGG carried him. Period. This isn't Mayweather fighting who will give people space. GGG is the most vicious finisher in the game.
              First round looked suspicious for sure. After he initially hurt Brook, he, for some strange reason didn't throw anything significant (not even a jab) for the rest of the round.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                Why should a 34 year old career MW be obligated to move up and away from the biggest fight possible for him (Canelo)? Whp's better than Canelo and Jacobs at 168?

Sounds like just more typical irrational GGG hatred.
                There's no rule that says GGG can't come back down to 60 after he fights at 68. While he's waiting on all these fights. Why not step up and try to win a title in another division or chase another superfight. My personal preference for GGG's next move is the Ward-Kovalev winner. That's the biggest fight forhim. That fight makes him #1 P4P.

Comment

BJS calling him out bare knuckle gypo style from a caravan LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                    My definition of elite?. If you really need me to explain that BJS is WBO world champion and Chris Eubank Jr is highly rated amongst all the sanctioning bodies then you my friends need to broaden your horizons and watch Boxing outside of the usual HBO and Shotime telecasts.

You know the two of them facing each other in 2014 is still a bigger fight in middleweight terms than anything GGG has taken part in so far.
                    I do know what is going on in Britain being British myself. Again - most times belts don't mean you are elite being there are so many of them. Being wbo champion does not mean BJS is elite. Elite means you are a level or two above all the rest of your category. BJS and Eubank are a level above every other British MW boxer. At a world level no way. Until they prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                      GGG should don an old school adidas tracksuit and talk while squatting with a cig dangling out the corner of his mouth.
                      Originally posted by Phatfarm1980 View Post
                      Jimmy Seville?
                      Ricardo Mayorga

Comment

Working...
                      X