Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you see dethroning King Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody. It is simply not possible, Kovalev is as close to artificial intelligence in boxing, as we have

I've been saying since before the Campillo fight that he will sweep the board and eliminate everybody at 175 while taking all of the titles and beating the best fighters there is, while ultimately retiring as the GOAT LHW.

It's been very satisfying watching it happen and his rise through the years.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
      Nobody. It is simply not possible, Kovalev is as close to artificial intelligence in boxing, as we have

I've been saying since before the Campillo fight that he will sweep the board and eliminate everybody at 175 while taking all of the titles and beating the best fighters there is, while ultimately retiring as the GOAT LHW.

It's been very satisfying watching it happen and his rise through the years.

You should see Gvozdyk.. This dude knocked mohammedi out sooner and more brutally than Kovalev did

Comment

Ward.....his mind is faster, he has fought better overall competition, he hasnt lost since puberty, he knows what it takes and the guy just seems poised and ready for this. He is more versatile, can fight inside, out, on a pivot, at angles, has a sharper defense than Kovalev and he throws a wider variety of shots. Changing speed on shots. The whole 9.

I dont see anyone beating Ward by decision. Only way kOV can win is by ko. He couldnt ko his granddad so i doubt he kos a better faster younger vs of him.

Stevenson has a shot too. Kov hasnt been in with many punchers and Pascal landed flush with a lot of wide counters and overhands. Ward and stevenson will give him the best fight

Comment

Ward is probably the best fighter in the sport right now. In fact, had he been active for the past 5 years instead of fighting 3 times I think he would be the clear #1 in the eyes of the public.

It's a really tough fight for Kovalev. If he wins he is clearly the man not just at 175, but in the sport itself.

Comment

Originally posted by .BronzeBomber. View Post
            You should see Gvozdyk.. This dude knocked mohammedi out sooner and more brutally than Kovalev did
            I know who he is. Mekhontsev as well. They're both the future (well, would be, if they weren't with Top Rank.)

Gvodzyk is next up, he's so good. But it'll be in his best interest to not fight Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
              at 175 ward would be giving up too many physical disadvantages and kovalev is more than just a powerhouse. I cant see how ward could hold him off for 12 rounds without getting hurt badly. hes just too small
              r u serious? ward won gold at 178, so no disadvantages,

kovalev beats him but not because of size.

Comment

If Haye went back to cruiser, and Kov moved up. More of a fantasy match up I suppose lol..

Ward and the usual blah blah blah..

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
                  Ward's style is similar to B Hop's but he is younger, faster and bigger. Defensively, Ward can avoid the ko by dictating distance, which B Hop did, but landing some punches, which b hop didn't do. I understand that it was a shutout, but largely because Hopkins didn't throw punches. I know it's hard to look good against a defensive fighter, but if Ward manages distance and pot shots or at least throws 40 punches a round while managing distance he can win.
                  i have nothing against your analysis i just don't know how the bhop fight helps in determining how successful Ward would be... if Bhop showed us something more like won a few moments of a few rounds then a more sustained course of action of the same strategy could be successful but Behop showed nothing in that fight to say Ward will (or will not) be successful

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
                    i have nothing against your analysis i just don't know how the bhop fight helps in determining how successful Ward would be... if Bhop showed us something more like won a few moments of a few rounds then a more sustained course of action of the same strategy could be successful but Behop showed nothing in that fight to say Ward will (or will not) be successful
                    To me that was a painful fight because I've seen BHop jump on countering opportunities during each of his fights most recently, Pascal and Shumenov I think his name was. Kov was obviously game planning against falling into traps but had to come forward bc BHop wouldn't, opening himself to those traps. There were opportunities, I and any other B Hop fan saw them, he just couldn't pounce on them. If that would have been a vintage B Hop or a more active elite defensive fighter, they would have capitalized on Kov looooong jab to the belly, Kov not bringing his left up when he throws his right, Kov going straight back when B Hop went forward off the ropes. Tactical ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
                      I'm gonna put some game on you. The same thing that will make you laugh, will make you cry. Kov is a hell of a fighter and people always talk about how you have to pay for each of his punches. He throws punches hard. The thing about committing so much is that if I stretch that distance even 3" then you're reaching. It takes a ton of sting out of your power and you're compromised for the counter. I've seen that from day 1.

Now nobody has been able to master that 3-6" range versus him because he hasn't respected anyone's power. Not saying he'll respect Ward's, but saying Ward is definitely the ring general of the two in the ring. Remember Ward has been at a power disadvantage for maybe his last 10 fights, he's used to this and in a game of inches Ward has mastered an understanding of space.

Comment

Working...
                      X