No announcement yet.

was tyson scared of bowe and foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    **** himself? seriously? if he could be that intmidated by a man, any man. he would never have been world champion to begin with. to get to that point you have to fight countless "scary" guys, the idea that someone would box for years and reach the pinnacle of the sport only to start getting scared of fighting all of a sudden is absurd.

promoters and managers avoid certain fights, not the fighters themselves. tyson could draw massive crowds and make ridiculous ppv sales against tomato cans, why would his ppl risk all that future income by putting him in against guys like bowe or foreman? boxing politics 101.
    i dont understand y ppl say fighters arnt scared. I think there attitude to fighting these guys cant defintly show fear. Most are not going to refuse to fight but there definitly not goin to push for it. Tysons aura of intimidation that he built up may be thrown out the window when he knows hes in the ring with 1 of the best, and tyson was a student of boxing history. Tyson has the tools to beat foreman but tyson always wanted to hurt and dominate in the ring and with tyson looking at the fight realistcly, knows he is going to get shoved around in there and be the weaker man. I defintly believe he was scared

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
      i dont believe that, foreman was always pushing for this fight and spoke of making a deal with king.

Foreman knew how to work the media. Read this and get back to me:

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-02-...george-foreman

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Foreman knew how to work the media. Read this and get back to me:

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-02-...george-foreman
        just shows that he was motivated to get a tyson fight. Tysons ppl just dint want him fighting foreman.

Comment

just shows that he was motivated to get a tyson fight. Tysons ppl just dint want him fighting foreman.
          I guess we interpret things differently. Sounded to me like Foreman didn't want to fight for Don King. He said that he would take a meager deposit from Bob Arum, which is fine if he were actually Tyson's promoter. I remember quite well Foreman saying many times during that period that he wasn't going to fight for Don King.

Comment

I guess we interpret things differently. Sounded to me like Foreman didn't want to fight for Don King. He said that he would take a meager deposit from Bob Arum, which is fine if he were actually Tyson's promoter. I remember quite well Foreman saying many times during that period that he wasn't going to fight for Don King.
            wasnt aware of that, dint realise that they had such trouble making a deal, to be honest, im just going from foremans enthusiasm to get the fight.

Comment

wasnt aware of that, dint realise that they had such trouble making a deal, to be honest, im just going from foremans enthusiasm to get the fight.
              Well I agree that Foreman definitely did want the fight. Just without King being involved. Similar to how a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight would have probably been made if Arum wasn't Manny's promoter. Both are cases of fighters holding grudges against their ex-promoters.

Comment

Bottom line is that Mike Tyson was FAR too Fast and vicious for a slow stationary guy of George's age. As Strong and hard hitting as Foreman was even at that point i think Tyson just slips his shots (easily) and swamps him with violent combinations.
                Young Foreman? Different Fight...

Comment

Well I agree that Foreman definitely did want the fight. Just without King being involved. Similar to how a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight would have probably been made if Arum wasn't Manny's promoter. Both are cases of fighters holding grudges against their ex-promoters.
                  So why didn't Manny get out of his contract or let it run out or find some kind of way to use another promoter for that fight, if he really wanted to fight Mayweather? Not saying Mayweather didn't do any ducking too, but just wondering about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    So why didn't Manny get out of his contract or let it run out or find some kind of way to use another promoter for that fight, if he really wanted to fight Mayweather? Not saying Mayweather didn't do any ducking too, but just wondering about this.
                    Pacquiao had a valid contract with Top Rank, and there was no way they'd not fight to the death to prevent him from leaving to fight Floyd. Manny has seemed happy with TR and has renewed his contract with them more than once. I think it is unfair to insist that Pacquaio leave the promoter/manager he chooses to fight for if he accepts the consequences.

Comment

Working...
                    X