Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Burnett-Donaire, Inoue-Payano For WBSS Bantamweight Tourney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Burnett-Donaire, Inoue-Payano For WBSS Bantamweight Tourney

Top-seeded Ryan Burnett picked unseeded Nonito Donaire as his opponent Friday for the World Boxing Super Series' bantamweight tournament. Burnett made his selection as part of the of the WBSS "Draft Gala" at Rossiya Theatre in Moscow. Northern Ireland's Burnett (19-0, 9 KOs) will defend his WBA "super" bantamweight title against Donaire (38-5, 24 KOs), a former four-division champion from San Leandro, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought Payano had the chance to make a run to the finals if he got either Burnett or Tete, but the poor bastard got Inoue, so he's toast. Hard to see a first round upset here as well, unless Donaire can turn back the clock to take down Burnett

Comment

i think its safe to say there's prolly not going to be any upsets in here...payano is going to get bodied spectacularly lol

Comment

War burnett! War inoue!

Comment

Lol donaire just died....lol

Comment

Originally posted by patscorpio View Post
            i think its safe to say there's prolly not going to be any upsets in here...payano is going to get bodied spectacularly lol

This kid Burnett is light hitting midget, but Donaire is so washed up right now, he can’t handle guys like him anymore. Sad

Comment

Cheering on the OG for old times sake. WAR Donaire WAR Inoue

Comment

Just been on the WBSS website and don't see how its fully set up yet, but if Burnett is ranked 1, Inoue 2, and presumably Tete 3 (?), does that mean Burnett v Tete (ie 1 vs 3) in the semi assuming they all make it through the quarters ?

Comment

if this tourney pays out there should be some very good fights... I don't know why Donaire is included he has not really done anything to deserve it as far as I can see...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                    if this tourney pays out there should be some very good fights... I don't know why Donaire is included he has not really done anything to deserve it as far as I can see...
                    Name value I suppose, and hes with Schaefer

Comment

Working...
                    X