Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: 'Punch From Gods' Doesn't Mean Ruiz Landed Lucky Punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    Youre not allowed to hit AJ above the shoulders. Everyone knows that
    As funny as this is, we may actually see this play out on Saturday. Matchroom has a plan to get those titles back. And in this era of sure profits it isn’t to allow a fair fight to play out.

Comment

The way AJ reacted to that left hook it did seem to be an equilibrium shot - even had the hallmark of a delayed reaction to it. That was my reaction watching live, not upon hearing all the AJ and his fans excuses.

Not a lucky punch at all - especially not in this case as Ruiz's handspeed and combinations fits right into AJ's weaknesses in the mid-range....BUT, still, it's not that common that ones equilibrium gets touched like that, even if one if getting their ass kicked. I think longtime fans recognize that it's a different kind of "hurt", takes much longer to recover from, if ever...

whether or not they'd agree that is what happened to AJ idk...but it's a possibility based on the knockdown itself IMO

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how AJ reacts to the first solid shot he takes.. even before Ruiz, he seemed to panic when being hit.. we call that "not knowing how to take a punch".

But we shall see in a mere 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
          Of all the delusional AJ fans on this site, you take the cake with this one.

You're either talking about a different punch entirely or you're "special".

This is not illegal, and this is the punch that ruined AJ. Excuses Excuses.

That wasn't the punch and you know it. Post the shot behind the back of the head. You're trying to be slick.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
            That wasn't the punch and you know it. Post the shot behind the back of the head. You're trying to be slick.
            I'm not trying to be slick. AJ said himself he never recovered from the FIRST punch that hurt him, which is what is in that pic.

Whatever "behind the head" shot you're talking about had absolutely no influence on the outcome.

Comment

I'm not trying to be slick. AJ said himself he never recovered from the FIRST punch that hurt him, which is what is in that pic.

Whatever "behind the head" shot you're talking about had absolutely no influence on the outcome.
              P.S. AJ is like 10 feet taller than Ruiz, so if he's being hit in the back of the head, it's because he's stumbling around from already being hurt. AJ got beat, with or without whatever punch you're obsessing about.

Comment

Even in the second fight, you can see Ruiz try to fight dirty and land that shot behind the back of the head and even threw some intentional low blows - he was a warned a few times. He pretends he's a nice guy but is a typical dirty-fighting hombre.

Comment

Working...
                X