No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson on If Deontay Wilder Could Beat Him in His Prime: 'I Don't Think So'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Airtioteclint View Post
    The only people saying Wilder will beat a prime Tyson are probably the same kids claiming Drake is better than Pac.

The Heavy Weight division is a joke. Wilder have incredible power but nobody from the 80's and prior would get caught with those slow telegraphed swings. Foh
    That straight right that dumpstered Ortiz wasn't exactly slow or telegraphed. He doesn't really throw those crazy looping overhands that start in Alabama and end in NYC anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
      Wilder can beat anyone in history with that punch and he can get outbox by anyone is history too.

Wilder right hand is scary.... if it lands in the right spot.. its goodnight
      Thing is though wilder not koed any legitimatete tough chin fighters.
      Tyson is borderline top ten all time. Until wilder reaches those heights he shouldn't entertain idea of beating Tyson.
      It's unlikely wilder fought anyone with as good chin as Tyson has

Comment

''I don't think so.''

Instead of one his best quotes ?

“I was gonna rip his heart out. I’m the best ever. I’m the most brutal and vicious, the most ruthless champion there has ever been. No one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No! He’s no Alexander! I’m Alexander! I’m the best ever. I’m Sonny Liston. I’m Jack Dempsey. There’s never been anyone like me. I’m from their cloth. There is no one who can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I’m the ferocious. I want his heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!”

TBF, what boxer will readily admit another boxer would or could beat him ?

If you ask Ruiz if Wilder would have beat him in his prime, John will say nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Tyson is usually a humble guy when discussing his ability compared to others.
          Correct. For being such a ruthless killer, Tyson always was a pretty humble and modest guy about things.
          He always keep it 100.

Beyoncé Wilder would get wrecked by prime Tyson.

Gtfoh and just go watch videos on YouTube you god damn newbies are so ignorant.
          All you kids born in the year 2000 DKSAB!!

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
            ''I don't think so.''

Instead of one his best quotes ?

“I was gonna rip his heart out. I’m the best ever. I’m the most brutal and vicious, the most ruthless champion there has ever been. No one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No! He’s no Alexander! I’m Alexander! I’m the best ever. I’m Sonny Liston. I’m Jack Dempsey. There’s never been anyone like me. I’m from their cloth. There is no one who can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I’m the ferocious. I want his heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!”

TBF, what boxer will readily admit another boxer would or could beat him ?

If you ask Ruiz if Wilder would have beat him in his prime, John will say nope.
            That's not true. What about Foreman? Pretty sure he's admitted guys he couldn't beat.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
              That's not true. What about Foreman?
              There are exceptions to everything. I didn't think that needed to be said. I'm sure there can be a few (or less) others who will say another boxer can beat them.

Some guys take the high road out of respect or being PC when, in their heart, they feel they could beat that ass. I think George was being affable.

If Mike was certain, he would have said ''Wilder on his best day couldn't beat me on my worst.''

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                There are exceptions to everything. I didn't think that needed to be said. I'm sure there can be a few (or less) others who will say another boxer can beat them.

Some guys take the high road out of respect or being PC when, in their heart, they feel they could beat that ass. I think George was being affable.

If Mike was certain, he would have said ''Wilder on his best day couldn't beat me on my worst.''
                Tyson has always been humble when asked about how he'd do against other fighters, he usually says he doesn't know. The fact that he said I don't think so, makes me believe he doesn't like Wilder.

Comment

Well Mike nearly everybody is in agreement. Just a few of wilders dumbest fans think wilder beats you cuz they get a bit giddy.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    Tyson didn't walk through a lot a fighters that didn't hit anywhere near as hard as Wilder. So to believe he could just walk through Wilder's punches without getting hurt is just ignorant.
                    They had much faster hands and footwork, and much better technical skill than Wilder ( e.g. Tony Tucker). Or else they did A LOT of holding.
                    How do you think Wilder who takes 7, 8, 9 rounds to finally land his power against the mediocre fighters he is facing is going to face the early storm of non stop aggressive combos from a pinpoint accurate puncher like Tyson. I mean you see how the guy gets outboxed before he finally lands that power.
                    Last edited by res; 12-01-2019, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Tyson vs Wilder = Tyson vs Ribalta

Comment

Working...
                      X