Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health Tip: How Much Exercise Do You Need?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Tip: How Much Exercise Do You Need?

(HealthDay News) -- We all know that exercise is good for us, but how much do we need at each stage of life?

The U.S. Library of Medicine suggests:

Adults should get 30 minutes of aerobic activity each day

-- in the form of walking, running, biking or swimming.

Additionally, they should practice strengthening exercises

-- such as lifting weights or climbing stairs -- twice weekly.

Children and teens should get 60 minutes of age-appropriate physical activity each day, such as playing at the playground or biking. And three days per week, they should perform muscle-strengthening and bone-strengthening exercises, such as doing push-ups, jumping jacks, playing volleyball or working with resistance bands.

Seniors, pregnant women and those with disabilities should check with a doctor to develop a personal exercise plan.

I'm on track then, I do like to do cardio 4-5 times a week and weight lifting about 3 times though.

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
      I'm on track then, I do like to do cardio 4-5 times a week and weight lifting about 3 times though.
      I do cardio 2-3 times a week, weights 4 times a week.

Comment

I wonder if there's a recommended maximum, especially for cardio/conditioning type stuff. You'd think too much, like a ridiculous amount, would have negative effect on your heart.

Comment

That 30 mins of walking is great and everything but it's probably a walk to McDonalds, BK, KFC, Five Guys, In-N-Out, Wendy's, Popeye's, Shake Shack, Fat Burger, Smash Burger, Chick-fil-A, Hardees, Carls Jnr, White Castle etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
            That 30 mins of walking is great and everything but it's probably a walk to McDonalds, BK, KFC, Five Guys, In-N-Out, Wendy's, Popeye's, Shake Shack, Fat Burger, Smash Burger, Chick-fil-A, Hardees, Carls Jnr, White Castle etc.
            Don't sleep on In N Out - those protein style burgers are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post

Lol, is Fat Burger an actual place? It seems like that sort of name could be bad for business...

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                Lol, is Fat Burger an actual place? It seems like that sort of name could be bad for business...
                Yes, apparently Mayweather loves eating there. They have a franchise all over the West Coast.

Comment

Working...
                X