Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thurmans energy towards Malignaggi as opposed to Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keith's heart isn't in it anymore. He's married, wants to enjoy life. I think becoming world champ was much more motivating for him than defending as champ.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      Exactly this. Before he was the hunter, now he is the hunted.

I make Spence a small favourite, Thurman has a hard style to decipher, he's skitish, kind of reminds me of Acelino Freitas. But that power stops welterweights in their tracks, I say welterweight because I think if he moved up his effectiveness would nosedive like Freitas at 135lb. His lack of physicality would get exposed, but Spence is essentially a light middleweight who squeezes himself down.

So I think he would grind Thurman down in the second half. But a lot depends on how Spence handles the power.
      I have seen Spence last two fights in more details now, he gets hit but he walks through them, many times Pederson and Brook caught him flush with right hands and he walked through them to do his own destructive body work.

Not saying Thurman would land most of his right hands but he would land more than Brook/Pederson IMHO, and this is where the game would change for me. Why? Because I believe Thurman has more power.

It is a fight am looking forward to and I do believe Spence soon at 147 would be the man everyone has to go see. Right now Thurman is sitting slightly on that throne.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Keith's heart isn't in it anymore. He's married, wants to enjoy life. I think becoming world champ was much more motivating for him than defending as champ.
        I think you are 100% wrong. He might not be 100% as motivated as when he was the one chasing the top guys, but I still think his heart is in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I think you are 100% wrong. He might not be 100% as motivated as when he was the one chasing the top guys, but I still think his heart is in it.
          "Insider" info has told me otherwise. Apparently, Keith hasn't been feelin it for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            I've started calling him Keith "Tavoris Cloud" Thurman, because he does the same thing Cloud did: Fight a great fight, disappear for 12-18 months, repeat. He's almost 30, holds two titles, and no one knows who he is. One day he's going to step into the ring and be old and shot overnight, because he spends so much time out of the ring.
            Tavouris Cloud fought a great fight?

Comment

"Insider" info has told me otherwise. Apparently, Keith hasn't been feelin it for a while.
              Oh lol, I take it back then..WTF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                I don't remember Cloud fighting a great fight.
                This ^. My main memory of Cloud is him getting the snot boxed outta him by Campillo and Hopkins and getting progressively smashed to pieces by Stevenson.

EDIT: And Beterbiev...

Comment

I've been getting this vibe off him for a while now.

Comment

This is a real live nsb thread. I havent seen one these in a looooong time. Thanks fellas.

Comment

Working...
                    X