Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do mayweather fans overrate his win over hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The heat that Floyd gets for fighting Hatton is due to the fact that Floyd went looking elswhere other than his own division for a fight, when his own division had plenty of dangerous fighters that would've given Floyd a run for his money.

Comment

I'll add that I was ringside for that Hatton-Collazo fight and, except for the screaming UK fans in the audience, nearly everyone thought Collazo was robbed. Not to mention the knockdown in the final round that was completely overlooked. Poor Hatton had to escape from the post-fight presser (looking like utter **** I might add) because he was absolutely SMOKED by the questions.

Right then and there I knew Hatton wasn't built for welter. Perhaps some were fooled by HBO hyping him up (ie Castillo fight) but I sure as hell wasn't. Floyd damn near jumped out his seat when that poor sap called him out. He knew - like a lot of others - it was easy money...or as he woul say, easy work.

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
        The heat that Floyd gets for fighting Hatton is due to the fact that Floyd went looking elswhere other than his own division for a fight, when his own division had plenty of dangerous fighters that would've given Floyd a run for his money.
        What short memories people have, eh? With ALL those fighters IN HIS DIVISION, Hatton was the most credible. To quote King Jaffe Joffer..."nonsense."

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
          when they are the same people putting hatton down before the fight saying he was too small, too slow, no jab etc.

makes me sick.
          why did hatton fans overrate him before the fight but underrate him after? why did they say that hatton was gonna ktfo of mayweather but then said he was too small for the welterweight division(which is absurd) afterwards?

Comment

When did Hatton ever call Floyd out? I keep hearing people say that "Hatton called Floyd out" All Hatton ever did was criticize Floyd for his lack of excitement/exciting fights during his post fight interview with Max Kellerman. If that constitues "calling floyd out", then what do u call what Margarito and Cotto did? Marg literally called Floyd out face to face, and Cotto has criticized Floyd and questioned his manhood on several occasions. Why wasnt Floyd quick to take those fights?

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
              When did Hatton ever call Floyd out? I keep hearing people say that "Hatton called Floyd out" All Hatton ever did was criticize Floyd for his lack of excitement/exciting fights during his post fight interview with Max Kellerman. If that constitues "calling floyd out", then what do u call what Margarito and Cotto did? Marg literally called Floyd out face to face, and Cotto has criticized Floyd and questioned his manhood on several occasions. Why wasnt Floyd quick to take those fights?
              my man thats calling someone out!!!!!!!!!!!when their name stays in your mouth more than a dick stays in a 2 dollar whores mouth that translates to i wanna fight you

Comment

hatton was/is the ring champ at 140/floyd was at 147!!!! how in the hell can you overated that win plus he was undefeated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if hatton wouldve won his fans wouldve never stopped talking about it

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
                  my man thats calling someone out!!!!!!!!!!!when their name stays in your mouth more than a dick stays in a 2 dollar whores mouth that translates to i wanna fight you
                  Tell that to the welters who had been calling Floyd out earlier and a lot louder.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
                    So what happened when Marg and Cotto bashed him, and kept his name in thier mouths? That's my question. When Hatton dissed him, its "calling him out", but when Marg and Cotto did, it wasnt? Help me understand?

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                      no he didnt, we had been waiting for that match for years and it came to a head in 2005 with mayweathers win over gatti with hatton at ringside having just demolished kostya tszyu, everyone couldnt wait to see it.
                      so, how many thought hatton had a shot? who weren't brits? few.

Comment

Working...
                      X