Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't rate Rakitic I don't how he is still at Barca, Sergi Roberto is better midfielder than him imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Rakitic is a top 10 central midfielder. He is metronomic with his passing, he can carry the ball, takes a better set piece than Modric but he’s not as dynamic and doesn’t have that change of pace that Modric has.

But Croatia have always had the best midfield at the tourney. Even Brozovic and Kovacic would both start for England.

Outside of Rakitic and Modric, they have Mandzukic, Perisic,
      Rebic, and Kovacic.

On paper they have better players than England really. But they rely a lot on Perisic as an attacking force, imo, and he hasn’t caught fire, yet.

But Ashley Young vs Perisic is a bad match up for England.

It’s a genuine 50/50 game. Because of the physicality and youth of England. And that basically nobody has looked able to defend set pieces against us.
      Loftus-Cheek has to play.

Comment

• Who do you guys reckon will get the best player of the tournament award?

Kane or Lukaku will get it only if respectively England or Belgium get to the final i think.

Modric and De Bruyne have been brilliant but they haven't scored many goals which will work against them even though they have been and are the brains of their teams. They don't have the star power of Messi who didn't score much but got the award 4 years ago.

I'm thinking Mbappe. He's young, had a great performance against Argentina. I've seen people comparing him to 17 years old Pele. If France wins he's a lock to win the award imo.

Comment

• ^ Well I'm rooting for Lukaku. Well..because...you know ... he's a brother just like me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
            Who do you guys reckon will get the best player of the tournament award?

Kane or Lukaku will get it only if respectively England or Belgium get to the final i think.

Modric and De Bruyne have been brilliant but they haven't scored many goals which will work against them even though they have been and are the brains of their teams. They don't have the star power of Messi who didn't score much but got the award 4 years ago.

I'm thinking Mbappe. He's young, had a great performance against Argentina. I've seen people comparing him to 17 years old Pele. If France wins he's a lock to win the award imo.
            Young, Gifted, And Black!

Comment

• Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
              ^ Well I'm rooting for Lukaku. Well..because...you know ... he's a brother just like me.
              Careful now!
              Such talk will get you kicked out of the thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
                ^ Well I'm rooting for Lukaku. Well..because...you know ... he's a brother just like me.
                Yeah, when I judge a performanced based criteria I always go by race.

Take that racist **** out of here.

Comment

for me its pogba greizmann or harry maguire

Comment

Modric
                    Pickford
                    Kane
                    De Bruyne
                    Hazard

In that order. Mbappe will have to win France the cup to get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by engleby View Post
                      for me its pogba greizmann or harry maguire
                      Maguire too. Good shout. I’d put him after Pickford.

Comment

Working...
                      X