Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Joshua Wants Wilder; Don't Question Integrity, Desire!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    38 year old undefeated ACTIVE fighter is somehow worse than a 41 year old ko'd multiple times in his career, outboxed by fury and was on the shelf for almost 2 years?

At least he got his own name right

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
      I'm not fussed who wins this fight - I like things about both fighters and dislike some things about both, but what?!?. Look at AJ's 15-18 fights alone and Wilders (if mem serves correct most of them were cruiserweights) then review this stupid statement.

You can say what you want about Klitscho (some of it correct) but he's much more proven than Ortiz who's best win was against Jennings. I get you back your guy but damn.

Look at who Wilder fought in his 17th fight compared to who AJ fought. A guy who got knocked out by that clown De Mori. The waste of space that a past it David Haye dispatched of with the quickness.
      Sure Klitschko is more "proven". However, there was a reason he retired. Same reason he couldn't pull the trigger against Fury 2 years prior. Neither guy has a solid resume. Wilder fought his amateur career as a pro so he could make real money for his family. Joshua is being built to be a money maker not an all time great. As he stated last year, he is scripting his career. Both guys have different career paths but neither has proven more than the other.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
        Look at the Ring top 10 , Miller wants him bad, Whyte offered a sack load of cash to fight (seriously he was in all the top tens and offering a boat load of cash).

Martin who had another belt and that was another in house fight easy to make for Wilder ducked.

Klitschko Finkel said he was a baby heavyweight and not ready.

Have the division thought he was easy food when he tried to fight when he tried to make Wawrzyk . the excuses were no one to fight (half the internet lit up with offers) and a sore hand or something so he needed a can to punch.

It takes time to build up your confidence as a fighter. Even though Joshua has accumulated most of the belts and Wilder only has the WBC, Wilder is ready NOW, but Joshua's handlers believe Joshua needs at least one more fight.

I agree at the time Wilder was not ready for Klitschko, but after Ortiz, this is the perfect time for him and his confidence is sky high. However, after Joshua's Takam and Parker fights, we have to agree that Joshua needs a little more work to get to Wilder's confidence level.

If Joshua's handlers were honest about it, we boxing fans would have been disappointed with Povetkin, but we would have sucked it up. Instead, we got unnecessary drama for the last 3 months...

Let's hope Joshua is the best he can be after the Povetkin fight and the Wilder unification happens in April. UK is fine, but let's have a more fair, percentage-based contract, international judges, and the same ref from Klitschko-Joshua (who coincidentally was the same ref in Wilder-Ortiz). Then, ideally, no rematch clause but the loser fights for a mandatory spot in his next fight (or when he is ready) so that the winner can remain undisputed for as long as possible. Hopefully one of those mandatories is eventually Tyson Fury and we have the potential for an undisputed lineal champion.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
          Stiverne was decent the first time around but certainly not the second.
          Yeah, the first time he was WBC Champ and ranked in the top 10 of Heavyweights.

The second time he was shot to s hit and definitely nowhere worthy of the mandatory ranking by the END.

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
            I'm not fussed who wins this fight - I like things about both fighters and dislike some things about both, but what?!?. Look at AJ's 15-18 fights alone and Wilders (if mem serves correct most of them were cruiserweights) then review this stupid statement.

You can say what you want about Klitscho (some of it correct) but he's much more proven than Ortiz who's best win was against Jennings. I get you back your guy but damn.

Look at who Wilder fought in his 17th fight compared to who AJ fought. A guy who got knocked out by that clown De Mori. The waste of space that a past it David Haye dispatched of with the quickness.
            20 more fights is 20 MORE fights - EXPERIENCE!! at least Wilder was willing to fight Ortiz when Joshua couldve easily pushed for it (mandatory). Plus Wilders simply DYING to land punches on Joshuas head with NO EXCUSES in his desire to do so whatsoever - so WHO CARES who they previously fought, thats UNIMPORTANT and really a DOOFUS speculation when Wilder simply wants to get it on with WUSS PUNK Joshua RIGHT NOW!

PUNK JOSH is content on awaiting his marching orders from a greedy promoter who's CLEARLY banking on STUPID JOCK Joshua for more MONEY to invest in his personal endeavors - in "RISK FREE fights" no less. Barry Hearn previously has told his son AND Joshua to "DUCK" Wilder in a youtube post (I don't know if there is more), with Barry NOW AGAIN advising his son - during THIS ROUND of negotiations to go after a "legacy plan" and "avoid" Wilder for now! "LEGACY PLAN"(?). This IS his "legacy" - not more part time boxers to impress his bored gullible fans in need of thrills.....

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
              There are a lot more credible people out there (former champs and writers) who've all picked Wilder to win that fight, including several British fighters. In fact if we just went on youtube and took a poll of boxers, trainers, and pundits we might get a ration around 70 to 30% in favor of Wilder amongst boxing insiders. (Towers, DuBois, Fury, and Cadwell are just a few brits who've recently praised Wilder's ability)

Maybe you might want to go back to that film lol As unorthodox as Wilder is, he's still the most dangerous guy out there. We all know that.

Also, we've seen AJ catch a right hand in all of his top fights and look dazed. AJ doesn't even slip the shots, he does this jumping back motion in a straight line that leaves him wide open for that punch. If you don't think Wilder can or will land that shot then YDKSAB.
              He’s unpredictable (I wouldn’t even call it unorthodox). But not in a Vitali way, Vitali had incredible boxing fundamentals then stuck some flair on top. Wilder is different because he’s unpredictable, often even he doesn’t know what he’s going to do next, and I genuinely believe technically AJ’s boxing leads to Wilder being caught out.

I don’t predict there will be a one punch finish, I think it’ll be more Lennox vs Tyson or Calzaghe vs Lacey...by the end he’ll just be a mess.

All that said, it’s a fair argument to say Wilder could catch and KO anyone including AJ, but imho he’ll be looking for that from the bell and AJ will keep his composure and pick him off.

And on the subject of pundits. After following the sport a long time, I have learned that if you truly know this sport your opinion is equal to the ‘appointed’ experts. I’ve picked winners and results way more often that Froch or McGuigan or TMT Youtubers or B-hop etc...so i wouldn’t pay much attention, that said, I don’t believe the ethereal 70% is anything more than that, it’s probably more like 50/50.

Comment

But unfortunately wilder doesn’t lol it’s about legacy I would AJ for free oh in the I’m never mind buuuummmm squuuuuaaaad

Comment

Idec in Fire!

Comment

Working...
                  X