Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington Edges Kid Galahad With Split Decision To Retain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JuanSkinner View Post
    Home judges? 2 Yorkshire fighters , 3 English judges.......
    Galahad is a Hearn fighter fighting on a Warren card

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      You are underestimating Galahad's skills...
      Haha maybe I am

Comment

• Kid Cleavers needs more than holding and poking and holding some more to be a world champion. Frustrate the other guy, but don't frustrate the audience and the judges too. I've seen stinking winners before, but most were at home, or Vegas with bad odds.

Comment

• But explain "home desicion " ?

Comment

• I thought it was a close fight, hard too score with so little landing. I've got no problem with Warrington just edging it though, I guess that's how I had it.

Galahad did a good job of disrupting Warrington rhythm and taking away his main weapon. I felt he should of been warned more for holding though.

I like McIntosh as a commentator, but I felt he was a little high on Galahad at times.

Comment

• I haven't seen such a disgrace in a British boxing ring for many a year. What was Galahad doing in there? He didn't box or fight, he just flicked non scoring shots and wrestled and clinched to death in there. How he didn't get at least 3 points taken off and threatened with a DQ is just shocking.

Warrington landed and tried to actually fight in there. Galahad just went for the Hopkins route where you shut your opponent down with constant clinching and smothering to make the opponent look lesser than he usually does and hope the judges think it's boxing going on in there. I'm glad he didn't get the decision as that would have made this situation worse than it already was. F3ck off Galahad with that bullshlt.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                I think it was a clear decision for Galahad. He did they by far better work.

Crap fight, and I don't need to see it again, but I just can't see how Warrington did anything to win that fight. I barely gave him two rounds.
                Clinching and smothering your opponent all night and landing f3ck all is not how you win a fight. He should have had points taken in there. It was grotesque. I'm glad the judges didn't confuse that bullshlt with actual boxing and award him the fight. Warrington was the rightful winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Good! Fucc Ball and his annoying dad! Glad they are both gone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                    Clinching and smothering your opponent all night and landing f3ck all is not how you win a fight. He should have had points taken in there. It was grotesque. I'm glad the judges didn't confuse that bullshlt with actual boxing and award him the fight. Warrington was the rightful winner.
                    There was no case for a point taken, and Warrington held as well.

The difference is that Galahad actually landed punches and Warrington barely landed anything and was made to look quite basic tbh.

I don't particularly care for either fighter, but fair is fair and Galahad won that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      There was no case for a point taken, and Warrington held as well.

The difference is that Galahad actually landed punches and Warrington barely landed anything and was made to look quite basic tbh.

I don't particularly care for either fighter, but fair is fair and Galahad won that fight.
                      The ref should have got control of this from the off to allow Warrington to actually get his shots off without being tied up all the time. But no, not a single point taken. The ref should have taken at least 3 and threatened Galahad with a DQ if he didn't clean it up. Galahad was awful in there. I'm glad he didn't win as that would have been a tragedy.

Comment

Working...
                      X