No announcement yet.

Radio stations around the world ban Michael Jackson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    That's not how it works. Without exposure, they sell LESS music. People who want to hear an artist don't put on the radio hoping to randomly hear them. But, listening to the radio gets songs in your head and often leads to music purchases.
    I know, I work in the biz.
    personally don't know anybody, including myself, that still listens to their car radio lol. of course i'm under 30 doe

Comment

Who cares, his music sucked imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
        Who cares, his music sucked imo.
        Kys

And mike already got the most records sold, streamed, played, etc it doesn’t matter at this point. Funny how they’re trying to kill his legacy 10 years after his death It’s funny how they never mention the fact Elvis married a 14 year old and woody Allen marrying his adopted daughter?? Clearly a agenda here

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
          personally don't know anybody, including myself, that still listens to their car radio lol. of course i'm under 30 doe
          I'm not even talking about the subject of who listens to a car radio, simply how music exposure works. Be it streaming services, the radio you hear while shopping, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            Kys

And mike already got the most records sold, streamed, played, etc it doesn’t matter at this point. Funny how they’re trying to kill his legacy 10 years after his death It’s funny how they never mention the fact Elvis married a 14 year old and woody Allen marrying his adopted daughter?? Clearly a agenda here
            Why would I kill myself over my own opinion? Lol. I could careless about MJ or his music. Many people around me loved his stuff, it just never appealed to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
              Why would I kill myself over my own opinion? Lol. I could careless about MJ or his music. Many people around me loved his stuff, it just never appealed to me.
              Lots of people don't like it but it's the power of viral culture & global marketing. Nobody wants to be the one to question the brilliance of something and be told they're just too dumb to "get it".

This painting was auctioned for $86.9 million dollars.

Rothko couldn't paint at all, he was a depressed alcoholic who just painted **** you'd stick behind a houseplant & had given up on life.

After he committed suicide, owners of his paintings saw a huge opprtunity to turn him into a mystical troubled artist & sell his painting for big $$$. They had critics they were connected to rave about Rothko's "art" and accuse anyone who didn't like them of being too dumb to "get it".

Record labels pump up terrible pop artists using the same strategy on teenagers.

As adults those teenagers have lots of fond memories attached to the bad music & never snap out of it.
              Last edited by ////; 03-09-2019, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                Lots of people don't like it but it's the power of viral culture & global marketing. Nobody wants to be the one to question the brilliance of something and be told they're just too dumb to "get it".

This painting was auctioned for $86.9 million dollars.

Rothko couldn't paint at all, he was a depressed alcoholic who just painted **** you'd stick behind a houseplant & had given up on life.

After he committed suicide, owners of his paintings saw a huge opprtunity to turn him into a mystical troubled artist & sell his painting for big $$$. They had critics they were connected to rave about Rothko's "art" and accuse anyone who didn't like them of being too dumb to "get it".

Record labels pump up terrible pop artists using the same strategy on teenagers.

As adults those teenagers have lots of fond memories attached to the bad music & never snap out of it.
                I doubt that one day you'll realize that nobody likes a condescending pr*ck.

Everything you say would be far more respected on here (and I assume in the real world as well) if you were more humane rather than who you are now.

Comment

This is the logical conclusion to this whole SJW cultural marxism. Everyone is so damn tribal and at each other's throats, whether black, white, Asian, Christian, Jew, Muslim, male, female, straight, gay, transgender, young, old, fat, skinny etc. etc. and they just keep erasing the past. But, nothing will change, people only care when they feel it is an attack on them and 'their own', but they'll see no issue in censoring and erasing people and history of a different tribe without understanding that they allowed the precedent to be set and are now suffering the consequences.

Have fun ya'll, the world is one big new age Sodom and Gomorrah, but you all let this happen, your fathers let this happen, and their fathers before them. Cultureless, moralless, godless cattle.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                    I doubt that one day you'll realize that nobody likes a condescending pr*ck.

Everything you say would be far more respected on here (and I assume in the real world as well) if you were more humane rather than who you are now.
                    Cool story, close your hole

Dumb people always mistake matter-of-factness for "inhumane". That lack of complexity is why they live in squalor.

You may now kiss my shoe.

Comment

Michael Jackson was a serial pedophile, who got away with his crimes his entire life. Not playing his music on the radio in a few countries after he's been dead nearly a decade is a pretty meager penance. You can't eradicate someone who had such an impact on popular culture from the history books, but that doesn't mean you should amplify either.

I'm not sure how this feeds into the internet's recycled nazi propaganda 'Cultural Marxism' conspiracy theory though.

I do feel sorry for the other people involved in the making of MJs music. They're going to be penalised for the transgressions of someone else.

Comment

Working...
                      X