Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit radio station will no longer play Kanye West songs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those who engage in group-think often react angrily to those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      While neither party is any good, the left is the lesser of two evils if you are in the sub $10 million dollar range as a person or family. Sorry but the republicans are the party of the rich and it's been that way since the 50s.
      Nah.

I make less than that, and I got a nice tax cut that really helps our budget.

All the Democrats do is raise my taxes.

And that's just tax policy.

Any taxpayer who votes D is like a chicken voting for Col Sanders.

Comment

I havent heard a kanye song on the radio in like half a decade. It was either goldigger or slow jams

Comment

https://youtu.be/mGWBHy5mN84

This is why they tired of Kanye speaking truth

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Nah.

I make less than that, and I got a nice tax cut that really helps our budget.

All the Democrats do is raise my taxes.

And that's just tax policy.

Any taxpayer who votes D is like a chicken voting for Col Sanders.
            Dude, your tax cut was shhhh and way less than you deserved. It's the equivalent of being given a Nickle and having someone who doesn't need it get handed a hundred bucks. I'm sorry but let's not really get into economics here because that's a fight you cannot win. As the famous quote goes "Men lie, women lie, numbers don't." So let's stay off that topic because the proof is literally everywhere and from any number of financial experts, also you might want to look at how that tax cut now you'll have to pay for down the road and some.

Vote for who you want but don't come here trying to act like the Republican party has given a sht about the worker for the last 50 years because the track record screams against it. You get sold this is for you when in reality its for the owner of the company who ain't going to push any of that money down to you. Apple literally kept 250 billion offshore in tax shelters, soon as that tax cut you are so proud of went into effect the money came right back at a considerably lower tax rate and straight into the hands of their investors.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Drop the link, BlackRaynor.
              https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/cont...s-in-one-week/

Kanye West waking people up.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              My side is black people not the left. And we all ain't on the left.
              90% of you are.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/cont...s-in-one-week/

Kanye West waking people up.

90% of you are.
                Gotcha, Jim.

Comment

Comment

Dude, your tax cut was shhhh and way less than you deserved.
                    I agree. The Government takes well over 1/3 of my money. They should be taking a lot less. But every tax cut helps.

It's the equivalent of being given a Nickle and having someone who doesn't need it get handed a hundred bucks.
                    No, it's not the equivalent to anything. It's in reality a lot of money. The money comes in very handy. For example, I replaced an appliance with it.

No offense, but you're parroting a talking point on this one.

I'm sorry but let's not really get into economics here because that's a fight you cannot win.
                    I doubt that very seriously, as you're already parroting talking points in lieu of using your own words, and we're just getting started.

If you want to discuss economics, I'm your huckleberry.

As the famous quote goes "Men lie, women lie, numbers don't." So let's stay off that topic because the proof is literally everywhere and from any number of financial experts, also you might want to look at how that tax cut now you'll have to pay for down the road and some.
                    Let's start with the word "experts". How do you define expert for the purposes here?

I ask because just in the last decade or so we've seen the financial "experts" get it wrong on the cost of Obamacare by half, the unemployment rate in relation to the Obama Stimulus, and GDP growth under Trump. Oh, and they failed to predict the housing market meltdown (though Ron Paul did, but he was mocked as a naysaying nutcase ).

We must first determine what constitutes an expert before we can appeal to their authority. Am I right?

Vote for who you want but don't come here trying to act like the Republican party has given a sht about the worker for the last 50 years because the track record screams against it.
                    How so?

And be specific.

I can tell you they've "gave a shat" about me when they've repeatedly cut my taxes, which resulted in me having more money, and cut regulations which had ******ed (and even regressed) job growth in my field, and they've increased my gun rights so I can better defend myself, my family & friends, and my property.

The Democrats have raised my taxes (except for Clinton when he cut Capital Gains, though according to you that was bad because rich guys got more money than me), increased regulations which have affected me professionally and my hobby of modifying cars. They've also vetoe'd increasing my gun rights.

And I'm one of the working guys you claim to speak for.

You get sold this is for you when in reality its for the owner of the company who ain't going to push any of that money down to you.
                    Interesting you say that.

First off, I did get a "trump bonus". The whole company did. Second, our first bonus cycle after the tax cuts, I got my biggest bonus ever.

My raise this year was the highest in at least 5 years.

Apple literally kept 250 billion offshore in tax shelters, soon as that tax cut you are so proud of went into effect the money came right back at a considerably lower tax rate and straight into the hands of their investors.
                    Good!!!

I'm one of those investors. If you invest, you benefitted too.

Over half of Americans own stocks. Many retirement accounts are tied up in the market, thus they are investors. Teachers' Unions are investors. (Did you know that?) Those are investors.

Point is, a lot of us regular folks benefit.

You've been pretty well-spoken, and you've not insulted me. For that, I thank you.

I'm enjoying this, and I have a question I've been wanting to ask, but I'm waiting for a person I think you are to ask it to. Here goes:

My boss makes more money than me. When the tax cuts hit, my check was bigger. After doing some basic math, I figure I'm getting back several thousand dollars more this year.

Of course that means my boss got a bigger tax cut, so he gets back more than the several thousand dollars I get back.

I'm getting back several thousand more dollars this year. How am I worse off because my boss gets back more?

Comment

i cant stand muttonchops myself but.....

dude has a 150 mil net worth.

i highly doubt some radio station boycott is going to negatively affect that number (how much money do 'artists' make off radio play these days anyway ).

some groups worry about what a person says and ignore much more important matters.

Comment

Working...
                      X