Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who award aggression over clean punches and counter-punching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course it's important, but you can't do it sporadically.

Canelo would throw some nice combos, and look really good, for about 1 minute of every round and then he would take the rest of the round off, back himself into the ropes, put his guard up and start looking for counters. You can't win fights that way, especially when the other guy is moving forward and landing the jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      Jabs count too.
      Carl froch burries Triple G in 2 with his brother max refereeing

Comment

Exactly GGG put pressure but it was ineffective pressure, missing badly. While canelo landed the clean hard shots, landed all the body shots, outlanded GGG in power shots, had GGG face all lumped up while canelo never hurt and face looking clean after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          Thank you for posting this. The bold is exactly why Canelo can't be given credit. This is the problem with people who can't reconcile Manny losing.

You can't show up 1 minute of a round and be given that round because you get a few nice looking punches. It doesn't work that way.

That's why Jeff "The Hornet" Horn beat Manny.
          That's why Ward beat Kovalev.
          That's why Golovkin beat Canelo - albeit only by one round.
          Nelo only did that a FEW rounds, Nelo still out worked & landed throughout the fight. I agree with Jeff beating manny & Ward beating kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Hond View Post
            How about you kids go back to watching Rocky 3 and 4?
            I wasn't aware I had to watch a fictional movie to learn how to score

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              Nelo only did that a FEW rounds, Nelo still out worked & landed throughout the fight.
              Let's say Canelo did that for five rounds. That's five to Golovkin.

Everyone agrees that Canelo won 10-12. Everyone agrees Canelo won 1. So that's four to Canelo.

The problem is really rounds 2 and 3. A lot of people gave those to Canelo and I struggle to understand why. Golovkin was the effective aggressor in both of those rounds and started walking Canelo down. It's like all people cared about was punches landed. Again. That's not the only dimension.

- Who was walking forward vs. walking backward? (Golovkin)
              - Who was effective at cutting off the ring? (Golovkin, at least early on)
              - Who was countering and striking effectively (Regardless of volume....Golovkin)
              - Who was defensively more brilliant? (Canelo)
              - Who was the busier fighter? (Golovkin)

That's what I saw in both those rounds, and thus why I had Golovkin winning 7-5. It's not like it was a blow out or some silly 8-4 nonsense like people say. This was a close fight, just like the Jacobs fight, and could have gone either way. Both guys have stamina issues which is why it became a close fight.

Comment

I call em Ledermantards

Comment

I really want Golovkin to come out counter punching and fighting off the back foot.. no aggression. I want him to turn his future fights into big snooze fest.
                  Give you fukin sooks something else to complain about.

This is pro boxing and is done for the sole purpose of entertainment. You think all the celebs turn up to the big ppv's to watch technique?
                  I think some people on here, mainly the purists, need to watch/follow amateur boxing. That is boxing in it's true form.

Prize fighting is about money, hence the reason it's called prize fighting (entertainment), and not prize boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    For real, Canelo landed all the cleanest, hardest shots of the round. He was constantly countering ggg off the ropes, dominating the center of the ring.

All ggg could do is plod forward like a ****** and get peppered but g tards think that's good work
                    Congratulations, you sir have the eye to properly watch a fight. That's pretty much how the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      Let's say Canelo did that for five rounds. That's five to Golovkin.

Everyone agrees that Canelo won 10-12. Everyone agrees Canelo won 1. So that's four to Canelo.

The problem is really rounds 2 and 3. A lot of people gave those to Canelo and I struggle to understand why. Golovkin was the effective aggressor in both of those rounds and started walking Canelo down. It's like all people cared about was punches landed. Again. That's not the only dimension.

- Who was walking forward vs. walking backward? (Golovkin)
                      - Who was effective at cutting off the ring? (Golovkin, at least early on)
                      - Who was countering and striking effectively (Regardless of volume....Golovkin)
                      - Who was defensively more brilliant? (Canelo)
                      - Who was the busier fighter? (Golovkin)

That's what I saw in both those rounds, and thus why I had Golovkin winning 7-5. It's not like it was a blow out or some silly 8-4 nonsense like people say. This was a close fight, just like the Jacobs fight, and could have gone either way. Both guys have stamina issues which is why it became a close fight.
                      Canleo clearly won 1-3. The first round he started to back up was round 4.

Comment

Working...
                      X