Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves: As Soon as I Hit Eubank - I'll Hurt Him and Finish Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves: As Soon as I Hit Eubank - I'll Hurt Him and Finish Him!

GEORGE GROVES believes Chris Eubank Jr's arrogance will be his downfall when the two fighters meet on Saturday night. Groves will put his WBA 'world' super-middleweight title on the line at Manchester Arena against the 28-year-old. Eubank Jr is the bookmakers' favourite to emerge as the victor, a fact which surprised The Saint'.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Rewatched Groves last few fights the other night, even vs Cox he looked terrible just looking to land the counter right. Short fight but I didn't realise Cox was in that on first watch until he lost his head.
    He's looked looked horrendous since Froch\he left Adam Booth even in victory every fights a life and death struggle. Even though he hasn't lost since and won a strap he's looked even worse since he fought Jack I think that fight took a lot out of him.

I'm flip-flopping on this one.

Comment

Jr is going to brutally beat him up. Too much youth and workrate. This is probably the end of Groves.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Rewatched Groves last few fights the other night, even vs Cox he looked terrible just looking to land the counter right. Short fight but I didn't realise Cox was in that on first watch until he lost his head.
        He's looked looked horrendous since Froch\he left Adam Booth even in victory every fights a life and death struggle. Even though he hasn't lost since and won a strap he's looked even worse since he fought Jack I think that fight took a lot out of him.

I'm flip-flopping on this one.
        I'm a Groves fan but I have convinced myself he'll get outlasted and outworked. I agree on the Cox fight too. Cox had a lot of success in the short time that lasted. Groves wasn't really attempting to keep up with him at times. So I dunno what the rounds will look like with Eubank Jr unless he can hurt him. I've never seen Eubank Jr look at all circumspect ever.

The hope I have is that Spike hit Eubank pretty much as perfectly as he could on the button a few times in their fight. If that's Groves surely it has an impact.

I wouldn't be gutted if Eubank Jr won either just because he is pretty much guaranteed fireworks. I don't remember him being in a bad fight yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          I'm a Groves fan but I have convinced myself he'll get outlasted and outworked. I agree on the Cox fight too. Cox had a lot of success in the short time that lasted. Groves wasn't really attempting to keep up with him at times. So I dunno what the rounds will look like with Eubank Jr unless he can hurt him. I've never seen Eubank Jr look at all circumspect ever.

The hope I have is that Spike hit Eubank pretty much as perfectly as he could on the button a few times in their fight. If that's Groves surely it has an impact.

I wouldn't be gutted if Eubank Jr won either just because he is pretty much guaranteed fireworks. I don't remember him being in a bad fight yet.
          Yeah every chin can be cracked. Froch's chin was as solid as they come and he got seriously hurt. I think both guys will get hurt in this one.

Comment

Groves isn't a GGG where every punch is hard.
            Eubank will take groves best punches and outwoirk him.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Groves has big one punch power though. Eubank has awful balance and could be caught square on or coming in, a bit like Froch in the first fight with Groves.

Nobody ever put Froch on queer street like that. Eubank is not as big as Froch and Froch had a granite chin but Groves could hurt him.

I think i lean towards Eubank but if Eubank is off balance as bad as he often is, Groves might be able to capitalise on those mistakes. Rate him or not, you can't be giving Groves free opportunities to land heavy shots.

Comment

changed my mind so many times, i just feel that groves may hurt eubank relatively early.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/geor...nady-golovkin/

I'll take the word of someone who has shared the ring with both here...

Groves hits a lot harder than anyone gives him credit for... If there was literally about another 10secs in that opening round, Groves would have sparked out Froch in 1 round. That tells me all I need to know about his power, as Froch's chin is up there with the GOATs.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                    Groves has big one punch power though. Eubank has awful balance and could be caught square on or coming in, a bit like Froch in the first fight with Groves.

Nobody ever put Froch on queer street like that. Eubank is not as big as Froch and Froch had a granite chin but Groves could hurt him.

I think i lean towards Eubank but if Eubank is off balance as bad as he often is, Groves might be able to capitalise on those mistakes. Rate him or not, you can't be giving Groves free opportunities to land heavy shots.

Remember round 3 of Jermain Taylor vs Froch? He knocked down Froch and could have finished him but there was only about 30 seconds left in the round and Froch was a tough sob

Comment

Working...
                    X