Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: Better Fighter in History -- Roy Jones Or Floyd Mayweather?
Roy Jones Jr. 7 63.64%
Floyd Mayweather Jr. 4 36.36%
Equal 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2018, 06:24 PM #51
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2755 Post(s)
hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,030.38
Total Points: 28,340.14
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

Rjj wanted greatness more doing the unthinkable by being heavyweight champ from lmw.
Floyd not so much so, just happy to retire undefeated but not worry too much how he went achieving that. Not giving advantages away if at all possible.
RJJ is greater

Last edited by hugh grant; 02-12-2018 at 07:00 PM.
hugh grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-12-2018, 06:34 PM #52
We need one organization!

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
moochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 9,534.44

As a boxer RJJ by far.

As a businessman and matchmaker Floyd by far.

Historically i rate a fighter by asking myself "who will you remember throughout the years? "

Therefore fighters like Pacquiao and RJJ will long be remembered for what they did and how they changed the sport.

Floyd was a great technician with a master business plan. He lost his first fight with Castillo and was very smart at managing risk (picking opponents at the right time).
moochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:55 PM #53
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4679 Post(s)
chrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 23,073.88
LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples 
LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples For your mom - desktop 0 For your pops - desktop 0 
For your mouth - desktop 0 For your vagina - desktop 0 For you loose @sshole - desktop 0 Good poster - Chrismart So true... - Tony Trick-Pony 
No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll Why you got so many vibrators? You're gay. - afgbjfgmih 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.razor View Post
You leaving out the fact that Floyd was usually the smaller fighter in a lot of fights & didn't have the physical attributes other fighters have. #48 was good but not as great as everyone makes him out to be & the same goes with these old fighters. You notice I post on certain threads cuz I jump on the Bull***** going on in social media & you think its "white fighters"? Don't be mad at me that fighters like lil g gets all the fake praise. Doesn't supporting hyped fighters get boring for you especially since they hype ones always end up losing?
Not really. Most fighters lose. I was a fan of Finito Lopez and Joe Calzaghe I don't consider them to be better than Chavez, Whitaker, Jones, Hopkins. Great fighters that had multiple losses. Not every fighter that suffers a defeat is trash or was overhyped. I'd never suggest that Ali was over hyped because he had losses. Most fighters lose if they face great fighters in their primes multiple times unlike Mayweather, Lopez, Calzaghe who never faced one great fighter in their primes.

So in your opinion the only fighters that are good in history/not hyped are - Calzaghe, Lopez, Marciano, Ottke, Ward, Mayweather and Charlo (who's down nothing fyi)? You basically implied that but I'm sure you'll twist this one too and it will be the white fighters that are the exceptions and still be fake.

Last edited by chrisJS; 02-12-2018 at 06:59 PM.
chrisJS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:19 PM #54
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2292 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 23,947.72
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
for people saying floyd is a better boxer...based on what? beating weaker competition for longer? that seems to be your argument cause when you look at their best wins....its not close. could floyd ever dominate toney or hopkins? he never even fought guys with those styles so how do we know? does he get fantasy points for not doing it? he should have lost to castillo when he was in his prime. you think a slow predictable fighter like that gets close to beating prime jones? i think you are placing entirely too much emphasis on longevity but where is the quality? boxing is not about averages. basically what you are saying is that vince carter is better than jordan cause vince played longer. stop
Yup.

People don't want to be consistent regarding what is held against a fighter. When a fighter does fantastic later on...You give it to them. So...We can say Hopkins later career state made him even better when comparing him. This is because the fighter obviously was able to compete at that level longer...hopkins was beating up guys like Winky Wright and pavlik... That should count.

However when a fighter is obviously not competing at that level any longer, it should not count against him. The reason for this is simple: It is a feat of skill to remain competative as one ages, while it is not a lack of skill when one is not able to remain competative at the same level... Looked at another way, doesn't it show how great a fighter like Foreman was, to become an old champion, and a fighter who could win at the championship level at an advanced age? On the other hand, when Louis lost to marciano, it does not compare to the Louis who could fight at the championship level.

I make this point to support Daggum because the Jones who fought later was doing so as a vocation, and was not the same calibre fighter and there are reasons why this should not count against him.

Floyd should be compared to a prime Jones...if people want, use a prime Floyd and either way Jones was a lot more skilled, fought better competition based on when he fought the people he fought. Roy was more dominant, and was not so much as touched when he was on his A game.
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:24 PM #55
CS*

Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Caught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 9,053.54

Add a poll dawg, i'm curious who will get more votes
Caught Square is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:25 PM #56
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2292 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 23,947.72
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh grant View Post
Rjj wanted greatness more doing the unthinkable by being heavyweight champ from lmw.
Floyd not so much so, just happy to retire undefeated but not worry too much how he went achieving that. Not giving advantages away if at all possible.
RJJ is greater
Hugh

I like your posts...I'm going to disagree with you here. Roy was greater imo so, that is not my issue. Roy going up to fight Ruiz was the same basic mentality as Floyd fighting bigger, less skilled guys at catchweights. Ruiz was easy pickings, and a very weak low hanging heavyweight fruit. beating Ruiz was not a sign of Roy's greatness imo, as opposed to Roy's dominance against Toney for example.
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:32 PM #57
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Vadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,045.76
Total Points: 15,249.60
lmaooooo - travestyny Hope you like the show ;) - travestyny You're gonna love what happens to your boy, PVssy! - travestyny No Message - travestyny No Message - travestyny 
No Message - travestyny No Message - travestyny No Message - travestyny No Message - travestyny No Message - travestyny 
No Message - travestyny No Message - travestyny No Message - travestyny No Message - travestyny No Message - travestyny 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - travestyny Gay and Lesbian Pride - travestyny Gay and Lesbian Pride - travestyny Gay and Lesbian Pride - travestyny Gay and Lesbian Pride - travestyny 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - travestyny Gay and Lesbian Pride - travestyny Gay and Lesbian Pride - travestyny Gay and Lesbian Pride - travestyny Gay and Lesbian Pride - travestyny 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caught Square View Post
Add a poll dawg, i'm curious who will get more votes
Done.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Vadrigar. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:27 AM #58
CS*

Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Caught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond reputeCaught Square has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 9,053.54

Floyd: of course Im better than Roy Jones, why would you even ask that?
Caught Square is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:53 AM #59
Ronaldo McDonald

Quoted: 5113 Post(s)
Derranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 66,348.16
Shit, sorry. I mean: Happy Hanukkah! (No offence intended) - Flab Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry christmas jew.... - dj emzz Happy Holidays bro! - led Happy holidays Mario! - led* 
Feel sweeter this Friday honey - Weltschmerz Happy Hannukkah! - led pretend it's JAB - Weltschmerz Official Queer of the Year Award - Weltschmerz Happy Birthday fine sir.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Have a beer,can't green you again lol - HughJass Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! You da man - Beercules Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu Happy New Year, Jew Boy - Rocky... 
Happy New Year lad!! All the best for 2016!! - Pretty Boy1 :lol1: - -jose- wut up jew? - Kuyukut cheers holmes - Mike D My bad, mate. Cheers! - .:: JSFD26 ::. 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rocky... Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BoxingPromoter Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - BostonGuy World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - PorterIsFuture Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BM dnobagaV World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas Childhood Cancer - jas 

I still get bothered when I think about how Roy ruined himself by moving up to heavyweight and the moving back down. He was never the same.
Derranged is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
fighter, floyd, history, jones, mayweather?

User Tag List