Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those who don't believe in evolution theory. What's your theory?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
    preseason
    That was dinosaurs and sheit. It's not in the record book

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      That was dinosaurs and sheit. It's not in the record book
      the dino era was the 1st preseason game.

might not be football but cricket. a single senseless game played over weeks.

Comment

the dino era was the 1st preseason game.

might not be football but cricket. a single senseless game played over weeks.
        Baseball game in extra innings. Our sorry asses can't even get man on base, and thankfully God hasn't knocked it out the park on us yet

Comment

again, not meaning to be difficult or make you out to be the answer to all questions, BUT, god had to have known satan would fnck up. but he let him and by default, let us humans down. knowing full well wed stand no chance.

why go through these horrific motions knowing ?!?!?!?

lets assume youre a father.......
          you ''love'' your family but yet you allow certain things to happen. just to keep things interesting ?!?!?

dad~''sure, i could store these toxic items out of harms way but......that would be boring. its better to watch one of my children drink it and die.''

dad~''yep. i know my neighbor is a rapey pedo and i could prevent him from doing what i know he will do, kidnap, rape and kill my child but.....borrrrrrrrrrrring.''

dad~''yeah, i know this house is unstable and we will lose everything, but.......''

if you knew for a fact certain things will happen, you would still allow them to happen ?!?!??

we cant give god a pass on the bad things and only praise him for the good. he is the end all/be all. its always his watch. he is the teacher. everyone else around him are just infants in comparison and no infant is gonna out think a parent.
          Elroy,
          I'm going to have to drag you into deep water for this, but I believe you are more than capable to make the connection...

What do we know about GOD ???
          GOD is Good, Perfect, Just, Generous and Righteous... (Just to name a few)

1.)
          His decision is "To Create or not to Create"...

If GOD doesn't Create anyone then He would be Selfish...
          Selfish to keep everything all to Himself, not sharing despite having unlimited ability and unlimited resources...
          It is not in GOD's nature to be selfish...
          GOD wouldn't be Generous if he didn't create, but GOD is Generous...
          Therefore GOD does Create...
          It is Good for GOD to Create..

2.)
          His decision "To Create Freedom and Free Will"...

If GOD were to Create beings only capable of doing exactly what GOD wants them to do, then GOD would be creating slaves...
          If GOD Creates Slaves, then He would be selfish...
          Therefore the beings that GOD creates should be given FREEDOM and a FREE WILL, as GOD Himself has Freedom and a Free Will...

Therefore GOD Creates Freedom and a Free Will...
          Is is Good for GOD to Create Freedom and a Free Will...

3.)
          The Reality...

The Created beings that possess Freedom and a Free Will have the ability to make wrong decisions...
          GOD gives us the Opportunity, Direction and the intelligence to make wise decisions...

But for GOD to stop beings from exercising their Free Will, then those beings would be Slaves...

It would be selfish for GOD to Create slaves...
          It is not in the nature of GOD to force His will on those with Free Will, otherwise it wouldn't be a Free Will at all...

GOD never intended Evil to be an option in His Creation, but Free Will is Free Will...

Lucifer used his Free Will to deceive 1/3 of the Angels of the Lord into Rebellion...

Lucifer also deceived Adam and Eve into Rebellion against God, In the Garden of Eden...

When Lucifer is Judged and cast into the Lake of Fire at the White Throne Judgement, his Evil will also be cast into the Lake of Fire with him...

Then the Created beings will be allowed to exercise their Freedom and Free Will without Evil as an option, exactly as it was for Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, before they were deceived...

Comment

• Originally posted by maracho View Post
            1. Changes in genes are usually not accidental but rather purposeful and reversible phenotypic plasticiy, which is the opposite of evolution.

2. for example, bacteria dont just happen to become resistant by accident when tthey encounter toxins but rather adapt rapidly via epigenetics, which is again the opposite of evolution.

3.Sickle cell anemia advantage is kinda on par to castration to prevent stds. It only shows a slight advantage in not contracting malaria and the tradeoff is drastic with many major disadvantages when it comes to genetic survival.

4. It doesnt seem advantages to have to have sperm that needs to accidentally mutate in order to propagate. Anyway, I would appreciate some references for these claims.
            http://journals.plos.org/plospathoge...l.ppat.1000003

http://genesdev.cshlp.org/content/20/19/2728.full

http://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/100/8/4639.full.pdf

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10447877

1. Reversible phenotypic plasticiy is not the opposite of evolution. It can occur with continuous adaptation.

2. Epigenetics is not the opposite of evolution.

3. Who said anything about 'advantage'?

4. Read the link i provided.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by MindGame View Post
                Elroy,
                I'm going to have to drag you into deep water for this, but I believe you are more than capable to make the connection...

1.)

Selfish to keep everything all to Himself, not sharing despite having unlimited ability and unlimited resources...

2.)

If GOD were to Create beings only capable of doing exactly what GOD wants them to do, then GOD would be creating slaves...
                Therefore the beings that GOD creates should be given FREEDOM and a FREE WILL, as GOD Himself has Freedom and a Free Will...

3.)
                The Reality...

The Created beings that possess Freedom and a Free Will have the ability to make wrong decisions...
                GOD gives us the Opportunity, Direction and the intelligence to make wise decisions...

But for GOD to stop beings from exercising their Free Will, then those beings would be Slaves...

It is not in the nature of GOD to force His will on those with Free Will, otherwise it wouldn't be a Free Will at all...

GOD never intended Evil to be an option in His Creation, but Free Will is Free Will...

Lucifer used his Free Will to deceive 1/3 of the Angels of the Lord into Rebellion...

Lucifer also deceived Adam and Eve into Rebellion against God, In the Garden of Eden...

When Lucifer is Judged and cast into the Lake of Fire at the White Throne Judgement, his Evil will also be cast into the Lake of Fire with him...

Then the Created beings will be allowed to exercise their Freedom and Free Will without Evil as an option, exactly as it was for Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, before they were deceived...
                i truly understand all of that. he wants self thinking individuals. but again, whos to say we are doing what we are doing freely ?

i pointed out numerous instances where god does or allows to let happen, some dumb shlt (sry god but its true). ok, fine. give us free will to ruin our own lives. but to allow the senseless tragedies !?!?!?

''why would he makes us have free will AND be moving out strings ?!?!?! are you saying we are free puppets ?!?!?!''

we are all going on conjecture. we hope things turn out as it says and that en****** are who we read them to be. i like to throw in some logic (yep, human born logic). whos to say what gods motives are ? for an almighty being, he sure did make things harder than they ought to be.

btw, you didnt answer my question

Comment

Elroy,

1.)

2.)

3.)
                  The Reality...

GOD never intended Evil to be an option in His Creation, but Free Will
                  is Free Will...

When Lucifer is Judged and cast into the Lake of Fire at the White
                  Throne Judgement, his Evil will also be cast into the Lake of Fire with him...

1. God Cannot Have Free Will

#free_will #god

It is known by four strong arguments that God cannot have free will, as other features and properties of God contradict the possibly of god being able to make choices.

An omniscient being cannot have free will because it is predestined by its own knowledge of its future actions.

A perfectly benevolent God cannot have free will because there is only one perfect course of action, which God, being perfectly good, must follow.

The creator of time cannot have free will: if God exists outside of time then it is immutable, unchanging, and as such it has no mental states except one everlasting and perfect state. Choices require changes in mental states over time. An eternal being that created time cannot have free will.

If God created free will then it cannot itself already have had free will before it done so: yet, an omniscient being already knew (before it created free will) everything it would do. Therefore any creator-god cannot have free will about any of its actions.

4. God Cannot be Perfectly Benevolent or Morally Good

That "God is Good" is a common assumption made by theists yet God could exist and be neutral (amoral) or malevolent (evil and immoral). But it cannot be "morally good". It if it perfectly good then it always makes the most perfect choices and therefore has no free will. A being with no free will cannot be morally good as it makes no moral choices; it can only be morally neutral like a robot. Also, if God's actions and wishes are automatically good by definition, then its morality is arbitrary and we ourselves have no moral reason to follow it, and may do so only out of fear of the consequences or of selfish want of reward. If God's actions are not by definition good, then, there must be an independent source of the definition of goodness. If God has always been good then God can't have been the creator of goodness; yet if it wasn't, then what was? The idea of a good god causes contradictions. If you do not accept purely logical, philosophical or theological arguments that god cannot be benevolent, then, the real-world existence of evil and suffering (of babies, etc) is also evidence that the world was not created by a perfectly good god. Natural disasters such as earthquakes and volcanoes appear to be universal and not linked to Human free will, yet they cause much destruction. It seems that morality and God are contradictory. God cannot be the author of morality nor can it itself be moral.

http://www.humanreligions.info/god_is_impossible.html

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    Baseball game in extra innings. Our sorry asses can't even get man on base, and thankfully God hasn't knocked it out the park on us yet
                    if god is on the mound for team heaven (or is he just the owner or manager ?), our pitcher is holding up (under extraordinary pressure).

i still say its preseason

Comment

What do you expect GOD to do, lock you in a room until your attitude changes ???

Everything we See, Hear, Touch Etc, screams Look At Me, I am here and was Created by someone...

Our very existence is miraculous...
                      You expect GOD to part the sky's and give us a motivational speech every day ???
                      That would be coercion, where's the free will in that ???

Again, we were Created in the Image of GOD and have the ability to make wise decisions...

At some point you have to grow up and stand on your own... You know right from wrong... If you need help, you ask GOD for help...

If Satan possessed your body and force you to do things against your will, then It's out of your control...

But it's all within your control... GOD has given you the Opportunity, Direction and Intelligence to stand on your own...

You can't expect daddy to treat you like a helpless newborn when you're an adult... Stop acting helpless and help yourself...

You want a glass of water, get up and get it yourself, you're capable...
                      Don't ask someone to do something for you, when you can easily do it yourself...

You are armed for the fight, now take a stand and make a difference !!!
                      At the very least i expect God to make his existence indisputable if he expects us to exercise our free will in choosing to obey or dismiss his commandments.

Why follow the instructions of a being for which there is no evidence for?

Its a small request considering he apparently loves us and wishes to save us from eternal damnation.

You apparently believe that EVERYTHING screams intelligent design. But...
                      1. It does not. The concept of a god or gods is a human construct designed to explain the world. In other words...we created god/s. Not the other way round.
                      2. Clearly many people brought up without the indoctrination of religion simply were never taught to believe in a god.
                      3. Complexity in nature can be produced by a simple natural process. No need for a creator.
                      4. Aliens did it! or reality is a simulator! (aka no god)

Comment

Working...
                      X