Huge correction or real concern?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge correction or real concern?

Over the last two days the DOW has lost almost all the gains from 2018

Is this just a huge correction/overreaction or legitimate concern?

Mooshashi?

A stock market correction has been in the cards for awhile. Get your money saved up & plan your buys if you are a stock market guy I say.

I was dabbling in the stock market about a year or so ago & never fully committed to it cuz I knew a correction was coming & didn't wanna be buying into the tops. Eventually went over fully to crypto cuz the ROI is so much better there, but the last while thats taken a dip too lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      LOL it depends.

Did you (the royal you obviously) just buy the top or have you been in on Amazon since the old days?

If you bought the top of many of these stocks I'd be stressing the f#ck out now like anyone who bought the top in anything cuz it could be months or years til you see even again if this is a recession.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        LOL it depends.

Did you (the royal you obviously) just buy the top or have you been in on Amazon since the old days?

If you bought the top of many of these stocks I'd be stressing the f#ck out now like anyone who bought the top in anything cuz it could be months or years til you see even again if this is a recession.
        I bought 50 shares of apple back when it was at $1 a share. I'm a genius

But naw I don't dabble personally in the market. Just my sepa 401k

Comment

Mooshashi?
          The market is concerned about the Fed raising interest rates too high too soon. There is no recession on the horizon either un the US or the world due to globalization of markets which is something Trumpsters don't like to hear.

In the short term...weakening dollar and rising wages(started Pre-Trump but he'll take credit of course) helping lead to higher oil prices and wages which creates fear of inflation. Business hates paying people more money and higher oil prices leads to a higher CPI---consumer price index. All this puts pressure on the stock market; people may start buying bonds instead of stocks and that frightens stock brokers, but 2.75% on your money doesn't impress many people depending on what age you are. I have a ton of Texas school bonds paying 4.75% tax free which translates to 6.4% risk free because I am in the "capital preservation" mode at this stage of my life. Of course I have equities as well.

Long story short...it's a correction based on fear of inflation, NOT a market crash. In fact it's a buying opportunity IMO.

Comment

Mooshashi?
            Fears that the Fed will raise interest rate because the economy seems to be back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              The market is concerned about the Fed raising interest rates too high too soon. There is no recession on the horizon either un the US or the world due to globalization of markets which is something Trumpsters don't like to hear.

In the short term...weakening dollar and rising wages(started Pre-Trump but he'll take credit of course) helping lead to higher oil prices and wages which creates fear of inflation. Business hates paying people more money and higher oil prices leads to a higher CPI---consumer price index. All this puts pressure on the stock market; people may start buying bonds instead of stocks and that frightens stock brokers, but 2.75% on your money doesn't impress many people depending on what age you are. I have a ton of Texas school bonds paying 4.75% tax free which translates to 6.4% risk free because I am in the "capital preservation" mode at this stage of my life. Of course I have equities as well.

Long story short...it's a correction based on fear of inflation, NOT a market crash. In fact it's a buying opportunity IMO.
              There we go!

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                There we go!
                Too snobby for you, or was it an ok quickie analysis?

Comment

Too snobby for you, or was it an ok quickie analysis?
                  You are spot on. As soon as the Fed raise interest rate the stock market will cool because as the Fed raise interest rates. People will find less riskier investments than the stock market to invest in.

Comment

What about the overseas markets? I was listening to a guy who put his money overseas and he said it outperformed out market (this was before today's correction)

Comment

Working...
                    X