Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some recent sparring videos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your detailed advice BuakawBanchamek.
    Dropping my guard is something I seem to do a lot, so I'll keep practising

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
    It may sound a little negative but you did an overall good job!
    How long have you been boxing and how old are you?
    And as you seem to be living in Japan how is communication there?
    I see that you rocking winning gear as well, how much do they cost
    in Japan?
    I'm 32, and I've been boxing for about 2 years. So I started too late to go anywhere with it, but I want to enjoy the sport as much as possible while I'm still young enough for it.

In Japan the communication is fine because my Japanese is pretty fluent, but I haven't met any trainers who can speak English yet. One of the trainers at my current gym knows a few words, and always shouts words at me in English (like "No! Strong!" and "More speed!" etc). Some Japanese people have a habit of only trying to speak to foreigners in English even if you speak to them in Japanese (no idea why)
    The other trainer, the main guy, only speaks Japanese to me and it's fine- but he speaks kinda fast and mumbles a little but it's usually no problem. I think it's good that I'm not a native speaker because I actually think some gym members spend too much time talking about stuff with the trainer rather than just practising it..I get the feeling that a lot of sports skills and ideas don't really need lengthy explanations lol

As for the winning gear, it's not mine, it's the gym's, so I don't know how much they cost. One of my friends has some Winning headgear but it has his name stitched into it so it was expensive- I think he said 60,000 Yen

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      a little headmovement would help you out, also you wouldnt have to move laterally so much

switch up you pattern too...go left then right, right then left

mix in stab jabs to the body too

keep working at it bro

here is some footage I'd like to share with you and leave me a comment, critique, advice
      Thanks a lot for the advice

And please post more videos! Like I said, I can't give you any advice but I enjoy watching sparring videos by skilled boxers

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
        3 tips:

1. Fire your cameraman

2. Get a new camera

3. Film Vertically
        I would also like to reply, get a new partner, you are clearly way better than him and he threw nothing more than single jabs and they were few and far between, this is not pushing or testing you to reach your potential.

You learn nothing sparring noticeable weaker opposition, however it is nice now and again to help them out with their sparring if you are the better boxer, it will help them to grow

Comment

Working...
        X