No announcement yet.

Krzysztof Glowacki vs Oleksandr Usyk Predictions Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krzysztof Glowacki vs Oleksandr Usyk Predictions Thread

I can't wait for this. Cruiser is one of the few divisions in which boxing can find redemption these days. Usyk has received a lot of attention based on his great amateur career, but is it fair to say this is the test of how real he is?

Glowacki is an interesting fighter. Looks like James Toney in the earlier rounds, rolling and slipping shots while landing beautiful counters, but gets very ragged as the fight progresses.

There's a good chance that Usyk eventually takes charge with his volume and conditioning and that his footwork will be too good should Glowacki be forced to chase him. But there's a real chance he gets his chin checked like never before as well, and no one really knows how he'll react if he's in trouble.
    Glowacki by Decision
    21.43%
    Glowacki by KO/TKO
    7.14%
    Usyk by Decision
    35.71%
    Usyk by KO/TKO
    35.71%
    Draw
    0.00%

Glowacki by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      I can't wait for this. Cruiser is one of the few divisions in which boxing can find redemption these days. Usyk has received a lot of attention based on his great amateur career, but is it fair to say this is the test of how real he is?

Glowacki is an interesting fighter. Looks like James Toney in the earlier rounds, rolling and slipping shots while landing beautiful counters, but gets very ragged as the fight progresses.

There's a good chance that Usyk eventually takes charge with his volume and conditioning and that his footwork will be too good should Glowacki be forced to chase him. But there's a real chance he gets his chin checked like never before as well, and no one really knows how he'll react if he's in trouble.
      Data read that Glowacki is more experienced and that Usyk didn't prove too much up to now. (It's funny to know that Porter beat Usyk at the amateurs...)

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        Data read that Glowacki is more experienced and that Usyk didn't prove too much up to now. (It's funny to know that Porter beat Usyk at the amateurs...)
        As a pro he hasn't but his quality is hard to ignore. Very good boxer, but like all the amateur stars you have to question the substance behind it.

Comment

Glowacki is like James toney?

u wot m8?

lol, i like glowacki but cmon he doesn't even have half the talent toney had.

I give glowacki a puncher's chance, especially considering we dont know how good usyk's chin/heart is. But Usyk is just too damn good, he is the best technician above 200 pounds without a doubt, he moves incredibly well for a big man, and has power to match his skills

I see Usyk picking glowacki apart and stopping him around the 10th round.
          Last edited by mlac; 09-13-2016, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Glowacki by decision or late KO

Comment

Usyk will be too much. Accumulation type TKO late in the 8th.

Comment

Usyk by clear UD

Comment

To me the outcome here is kinda about how good you think Usyk can be. If you think Usyk is potentially a future P4P discussed caliber guy or can be the #1 CW in the world than you think he wins here & if you don't then you're probably picking Glowacki. And thats not to say that I don't think he could come up short here & still become the #1 in the division later cuz this is a huge jump up in class & kinda a no lose situation for Usyk by that logic, but I'm definitely in the camp that despite this being a huge jump up in class that Usyk is one of these operating on another level type guys who can win a title 10 fights into his pro career vs a respected title holder.
                  Last edited by Eff Pandas; 09-13-2016, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Usyk UD or late stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                    X