No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford on Facing Klimov, Third HBO Bout, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford on Facing Klimov, Third HBO Bout, More

BoxingScene.com recently spoke with rising lightweight star Terence Crawford (21-0) about his upcoming fight against Andrey Klimov (16-0). The fight will open up the October 5th HBO telecast that will be headlined by Miguel Cotto's fight against Delvin Rodriguez.

The Nebraska native said that he had a great camp and that they didn't do anything different to prepare for Klimov.

"Training camp is going great. We aren't doing anything different than we usually do. We are doing our regular routine," Crawford stated.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He better be thankful HBO dumped Ward to the curve quick earlier in his career,for not being the most exciting fighter in the world.I'm not as high on him as some other fans after he struggled with that janitor the last time out,but I think their should be a place for purists,so I wish him the best.

Comment

Crawford really is the future. He fights just like Pernell Whitaker.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
        He better be thankful HBO dumped Ward to the curve quick earlier in his career,for not being the most exciting fighter in the world.I'm not as high on him as some other fans after he struggled with that janitor the last time out,but I think their should be a place for purists,so I wish him the best.
        So, you admit to being a casual fan, right?

Comment

I believe it is a step down for Crawford. Klimov has just a record it is mismatch.

Comment

Ward started on showtime and left for HBO - people are so monkey see monkey do - ward is not a boring fighter, he shuts you down and kicks your ass. Showtime did not drop him . Crawford has some of pernel's nuances but pernell is a ATG and craford is just starting his climb. He did not struggle with the last fighter he faced - people have to realize that some humans dare to be great on certain nights and will fight the fight of their life and then their next fight against weaker opposition they look ordinary - this is what makes floyd so good because everyone he faces try to put in a performance of a lifetime! Imagine fighting professionally for 17 years fighting every fight against the best version your opponent can be - wow - that is just what Crawford was up against in his last fight... go figure

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
              Ward started on showtime and left for HBO - people are so monkey see monkey do - ward is not a boring fighter, he shuts you down and kicks your ass. Showtime did not drop him . Crawford has some of pernel's nuances but pernell is a ATG and craford is just starting his climb. He did not struggle with the last fighter he faced - people have to realize that some humans dare to be great on certain nights and will fight the fight of their life and then their next fight against weaker opposition they look ordinary - this is what makes floyd so good because everyone he faces try to put in a performance of a lifetime! Imagine fighting professionally for 17 years fighting every fight against the best version your opponent can be - wow - that is just what Crawford was up against in his last fight... go figure

Crawford is the most underrated boxer in the world right now.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post
                So, you admit to being a casual fan, right?
                only if you admit that Ward made his pro debut on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
                  Ward's pro debut was on HBO.....that aside everybody has their preferences,I personally don't enjoy Ward's style of fighting and consider it to be borderline dirty .....I do like Crawford so far,but people are getting of ahead themselves when comparing him to Mayweather or Whitaker.When Mayweather fought that level of opposition earlier in his career he usually destroyed them and did so far more impressively than Crawford.

Comment

Working...
                  X