Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Alexander Not Likely, Guerrero Still in Play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to see Floyd fight Trout,It would be great to see 2 slick boxers going at it.Also it would be a bonus that i get to throw it in Ward fans face when i mentioned that Floyd fought a slick boxer at his weight while Andre Fraud fought Dawson at a weight where he knew Dawson would be a weight drained zombie cause Ward was to scared to take a real threat.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post

In all seriousness though, why the hell would Floyd fight Devon instead of Guerrero for his May Mexican holiday date?

Regardless, Alexander/Mayweather is a ****ty, ****ty PPV.
      Alexander is an Excellent way to protect that Precious 0!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
        You should be telling that spoiled brat Canelo to man up and fight someone with a pulse already.

Floyd fights Canelo people like you gonna be like "Floyd is cherry picked again, Canelo never beat anybody".

Anyways Canelo needs to earn a fight with Floyd.
        I think Trout takes the Cinnamon Roll, to School!!!

Comment

If I were Floyd i'd send bob a 50/50 contract and say fk it give me manny..they'd both be giving Marquez the shaft doing that..while some will say manny doesn't deserve 50% now more than ever I say..what's a bigger payday for either guy..either one of these men could step in the ring and lose it all at this stage of their careers..Manny still has Bradley who'll earn him a nice payday and some belts if he wanted..outside of that his only option is Marquez or mayweather...Mayweather only has guerrero, canelo, trout, or martinez..none of those names are easy fights or paydays that would get him manny fight money. The time is ticking..now is the time or never..2014 is but ten months away and so is mid life.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            The boxing world is on fire after Floyd Mayweather Jr. announced on his personal Twitter page that he was close to finalizing his May 4th opponent, and named IBF welterweight king Devon Alexander as the frontronner.

"The negotiations for my fight are almost done. The front runner is IBF Champion Devon Alexander. It'd be a unification bout at welterweight," he posted on his official Facebook and Twitter pages.

[Click Here To Read More]
            Floyd must have been reading the boxing blogs and figured out that the only people who would have watch him vs Alexander would have been The Mayweather and The Alexanders hell not even The IBF wanted this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              If I were Floyd i'd send bob a 50/50 contract and say fk it give me manny..they'd both be giving Marquez the shaft doing that..while some will say manny doesn't deserve 50% now more than ever I say..what's a bigger payday for either guy..either one of these men could step in the ring and lose it all at this stage of their careers..Manny still has Bradley who'll earn him a nice payday and some belts if he wanted..outside of that his only option is Marquez or mayweather...Mayweather only has guerrero, canelo, trout, or martinez..none of those names are easy fights or paydays that would get him manny fight money. The time is ticking..now is the time or never..2014 is but ten months away and so is mid life.
              Did you not watch boxing in 2009? Pac said no to 50-50 and walked away. Since then, his career went to complete **** by fighting losers/cheaters such as Clottey, Margarito and Mosley. Then forced guys who do not fight at WW up to WW like Bradley and JMM and is now on a losing streak.

Floyd was willing to front 40 million to make the fight. Pac said no once again.

Until Bob is ready to cash out, it won't happen. Bob is so focused on his own agenda it doesn’t matter what Floyd wants or does. If Bob doesn't want a fight, it won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
                Boxing writers
                One is based in Miami,one in Vegas and one in England and all said they have heard this and also only recently Marquez was being considered and as if now if they had to pick an opponent,they all think Marquez is the most likely
                Okay........I think JMM is hugely better than Guerrero but Guerrero would be better because two counter-punchers dont make for an exciting fight. JMM is more settled at 147 and maybe a closer fight that their first one but I still see Floyd with a 4 point lead.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  If Mayweather went and took JMM to school a second time that would make Manny look pretty bad tbh.
                  Only among casual fans who don't realize that triangle theories don't count. And the only "theory" that is definable is what happens between two styles in the ring. Pac vs Mayweather would be more thrilling than two counter-punchers in JMM and Floyd. On top of that, anything can happen in Boxing. Pac could stop Mayweather or lose a wide decision.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
                    I want to see Floyd fight Trout,It would be great to see 2 slick boxers going at it.
                    Me too. If he wants to fight a slick southpaw how about Trout instead of Alexander? Much better fight and it will sell well because its a high risk fight for him.

Comment

An Alexander fight is disgraceful just fight Pacquiao already chicken.

Hell fight JMM he just KTFO pac and deserves a rematch.

Alexander brings nothing to the table even less than Guerrero.

Comment

Working...
                      X