Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner vs. Abril in Talks For February 16th on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome fight. I know people love to be consumed about athletes outside of their profession(which is pathetic imo), but it's hard to hate on Broner. The guy is young, talented, and wants all the tough fights. If we stay focused on talent inside the ring and less outside of the ring, this kid is starting to climb to the top of the hill.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Yep.

Everyone jumped off his bandwagon but DeMarco will be back and will still make some noise in the division. Just not against Broner.
      No he won't demarco was and still is garbage,it's idiots like you trying to make it seem like demarco was some elite at 135 when it's April and vazquez who are the two top dogs to beat at 135. Demarco is a c class fighter it was butthurt fans who were trying to make him appear legit but wasn't and it was racists sssssshhhhhhhhiiiiiiitttssss trying to make it seem like broner beat some legit threat.
      Like I said bring Vazquez bring April the elite 2 at 135 people need to forget about garbage Ricky burns aswell another demarco wannabe.

Comment

• Great matchup but seems very risky, don't think it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I was expecting for the first page posters to be ecstatic about this fight. This is a very interesting match up, I can't believe people are actually talking down about this fight, that's crazy. Abril has a very difficult style. I can't believe NSB. This is a very good fight, I'm shocked. I was expecting Broner vs Burns, but this is just as good.
          It's the best fight that can be made at 135 right now outside of Broner/Gamboa. Abril should be the lineal lightweight champ and Broner just beat the guy who was officially ranked #1. This fight will erase all doubt as to who is the man at 135. Very interesting fight stylewise too, slickness vs slickness.

Originally posted by Architect View Post
          I am hype for the fight but Abril has 8 Ko's I believe and we all know he isnt going to outbox Broner, other than a "lucky" punch I dont see him winning though it will be a high action fight.
          How do "we" know that? Has Broner faced a boxer as skilled as Abril?

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          That's what makes this fight intriguing to me. The chess match that's going to take place. DeMarco was a good fighter in his own right but he stood in front of Broner and made it easy for him. This is an entirely different style of opponent here and we will get to see Broner display some new skills that he didn't need to put on display against DeMarco. But I'm with you. I can't wait for this one. 2013 playing out to be a good year so far.
          Exactly, and Broner doesn't strike me as the problem-solving type of fighter. Maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
          I know you're just defended your fellow latino. but Abril is a bum. He lost to Lundy doesn't matter if he should of gotten the nod

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Carlos Rodríguez, president of Dream Team Boxing, has confirmed that he's negotiating with Golden Boy Promotions for Richard Abril (17-3-1, 8KOs) to face WBC lightweight champion Adrien Broner (25-0, 21KOs) on February 16th on HBO.

[Click Here To Read More]
            8 Ko's. Ok....

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
              I won't go in any further either, but I will say that I thought the same thing about Broner for a while until I finally did a little research and found out just how much talent Broner has, not just boxing but in basketball, gymnastics, weightlifting he is just one of those all around guys that seem to be good at everything, mainly fighting. Abril is not that, like I said he's a good C level boxer but you will find out, like I said IF and it's still a bit IF the fight gets made just don't stray to far after the outcome because you will be exposed on just how wrong you were about Broner.
              I never said anything about Broner, And I dont care about bball and weight lifting! None of that has anything to do with boxing! This right here, is STILL not a break down of why he wins or loses the fight! You keep saying, you hope I dont stray if he wins against Abril! Fool I dont care about being wrong, or right! Like Im supposed to run off if I get proven wrong! I only care about speaking the truth, and talking that boxing! And me? Well I just kno my boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starz20 View Post
                My dude don't sing a different tune or call Abril a bum once Broner knocks him out either.
                I dont have to sing a different tune! If Broner wins easily, the different tune that I may sing is, "I give Broner props for that, that was the type of test I wanted to see him deal with!" All yall care about is being right and wrong, and if you get proven wrong, YALL want to vanish and hide! Man WHO CARES about being right and wrong? If Broner rises to the ocassion, then he gets props, period! Now phuckoff

Comment

• Originally posted by Starz20 View Post
                  I guranuntee you come up with an excuse when Abril loses, he can't box?? I am done with you your an idiot! Stop trolling and trying to convince yourself that Abril is gonna win, and lets see the fight happen. But I replied just to let you know your an idiot with that statement! And will be either real bitter after the fight, or hiding. I hope somebody saves all of your post on this thread so if you do switch your tune! Everybody will see that your full of ****!
                  WHY WOULD I HIDE IF BRONER WINS?? Im not fake like you, thats probably something you would do!! If he wins, he gets props! No Broner cant box, all he can do is walk you down flatfooted! Bro GTFAway from my comments, singling me out just to say dumb stuff! Go away groupie

Comment

• Good fight for boths resumes

Comment

• might be boring, but it'll tell us a lot about broner (and indeed abril).

Comment

Working...
                      X