Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 10-02-2012, 10:31 PM #31
SRR by Triangle Theory

Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,200,367,136,362,761,216.00
Total Points: 5,200,367,136,362,950,656.00
I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson 
Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry 
Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz 
One of the great posters - jas Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear :) - Salim_Shady Thank you for bumping the Rockin' story thread, I would have otherwise never seen it and I really enjoyed reading it. - Tyler_Durden Icon says it all - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
2x Fighter of the Year. One of the most naturally talented fighters of all time. The best chin of all time (went from MW-HW never been KO'd only knocked down 3x 2 of those were flukes) Incredible handspeed in his prime, very high Boxing IQ.

You children don't know what you're talking about. Prime, focused James Toney beats the s hit out of Roy, B-Poop, Tarver, Calzaghe, etc....
James can thank Bill Miller for much of that boxing IQ.............Rockin'
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Rockin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-03-2012, 08:31 PM #32
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SergioMaravilla can only hope to improve
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 21,829.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' View Post
I fought with James out of the Galaxy stable back then and fought out of the same amatuer gym aswell. James was an incredible talent, he just couldn't control his weight between fights. He'd show up after a defense and he'd be200+lbs and have to dry out for every fight. That will take a toll on a body and it did for James. He did get a gift against Tiberi but Reggie Johnson was nobody to play with, that guy could fight. With the Jones bout it was told to me that he was out partying with snoop and dr, dre after he'd do his work in training camp. James was neither fit nor focused for that fight. Put those 2 in a ring at light heavy and things may have been different. Aswell, Montel Griffen was nothing to play with, that guy could fight too. Years before they met in the competitive ring Jackie had invited Montell to train down at Galaxy following the olympics. Montell gave James all that he could handle then and when they met in the prize ring Montell again put it on James. Certain styles will give certain fighters trouble, Montells style did just that. Say what you'd like about Jirov, he was a skilled fighter that James made look like an amatuer.

James at his best was the best fighter that I have seen with my two eyes. At his worst he was still good but lathargic.

James is an ATG in my book.............Rockin'

Brilliant post, I really enjoyed reading that, thanks

If the best possible James Toney had showed up to face Jones, how much better do you think he would have done? Why didn't James take Roy seriously?

Toney's discipline was his downfall, he had Floyd Mayweather esque talent
SergioMaravilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:52 PM #33
Fair but Firm

Quoted: 2492 Post(s)
IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,703,959,763,965,601,792.00
Total Points: 6,703,961,766,031,311,872.00
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS To a poster I have a lot of respect for. Cheers, bud. - Mike D 
Firm but fair...like it says under his name. World level poster and good dude. - Mike D 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioMaravilla View Post

If the best possible James Toney had showed up to face Jones, how much better do you think he would have done? Why didn't James take Roy seriously?

I think discipline is the difference that sets apart the very best from everyone else. I think a prime James Toney would always have problems with a prime Jones because of Jones' footwork. Very fast with excellent stamina, speed and power. I see a much closer fight between two all-time greats, but the same outcome.
IMDAZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:56 PM #34
BoxingScene Icon

Quoted: 3262 Post(s)
IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 196,766,169,646,076,231,680.00
Total Points: 196,767,198,866,192,629,760.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 ATG Boxingscene Poster - JohnnyRebel Im glad you learned how to use internet Grandpa - Canelo and GGG 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDAZED View Post
I think discipline is the difference that sets apart the very best from everyone else. I think a prime James Toney would always have problems with a prime Jones because of Jones' footwork. Very fast with excellent stamina, speed and power. I see a much closer fight between two all-time greats, but the same outcome.
I think Jones beats Toney 10 times out of 10.

On the outside, with his speed, timing, footwork, and footspeed. Toney has no chance. He's never going to beat Roy in those categories and he sure as hell isn't getting close to him.

I expected Toney to destroy Jones but after the fight it's very apparent they were in different leagues. As exceptional as Toney was.
IronDanHamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:01 PM #35
Fair but Firm

IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS To a poster I have a lot of respect for. Cheers, bud. - Mike D 
Firm but fair...like it says under his name. World level poster and good dude. - Mike D 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post

On the outside, with his speed, timing, footwork, and footspeed. Toney has no chance. He's never going to beat Roy in those categories and he sure as hell isn't getting close to him.

I expected Toney to destroy Jones but after the fight it's very apparent they were in different leagues. As exceptional as Toney was.
Agreed. And he was very motivated that night against Toney. Toney has never looked that inept and it was clear that, even at his peak, could not beat Jones at his highest peak. A hungry, prime Jones is a tough out for anyone.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:12 PM #36
Tyson fan

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
ROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,880,033,054,195,265,306,624.00
Total Points: 5,240,578,034,940,665,397,248.00
Awesome member award - jazluvr sorry being late - Nemisis No Message - MartinC Ross is the man! - valero Medal of Honor bro for integrity - Tyler_Durden 
No Message - CounterPunching thanks for the quick payment :fing02: - -jose- for your integrity - jazluvr Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden thanks, for the quick payment, who you got for the Cotto/Martinez fight? - -jose- 
Here's a bottle of vintage,1766 from Sicily.Enjoy. - Scott.Weiland. for swift payment on epoints bet! - jas No Message - Scott Weiland No Message - J-champ Merry Christmas Bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
happy holidays, bro! - jazluvr Thank you for upping our bet on Broner-Porter. First time I got a quad. Big thanks boss playa og. - punchr thanks for the prompt payment - -jose- Cheers! - Psylence83 For a loyal follower off &quot;Iron&quot; Mike Tyson - BritishBoxing92 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Great fighter, but he gets overrated around here, and he definitely overrates him self.
ROSS CALIFORNIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 PM #37
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SergioMaravilla can only hope to improve
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 21,829.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Styles make fights, and Jones speed and unorthodox style, not to mention his ATG defence makes him a nightmare for counter punchers like Toney
SergioMaravilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:18 PM #38
Business Decisions

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Spray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 122,699,908,867.81
Total Points: 6,133,856,833,750.64
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest for you and vanity to use - Hi-Dro Whoreville Appreciation Award - Jack Napier 
for a friend - xi! one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays to you are your gorgeous missus. x x x - *Boss Lady* Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Blue parallelogram 4 u sir - Russian Crushin Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy holidays bro! - led* valuable addition to the training forum - jas helpful in time of need. - Shaolin Sword 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Send a message via AIM to Spray_resistant

In terms of skills the guy had it all, great outside and inside boxer with timing and accuracy too bad Roy was just too much athlete for him he was far more skilled and Roy but could do nothing to match his talent, I thought he could have won the 1st Griffin fight it was close, defo won the 2nd and was borderline robbed. He had a great comeback win though at CW against Jirov, after the Sam Peter 1 fight it was pretty much over and he should have retired then.
Spray_resistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:21 PM #39
Fair but Firm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spray_resistant View Post
In terms of skills the guy had it all, great outside and inside boxer with timing and accuracy too bad Roy was just too much athlete for him he was far more skilled and Roy but could do nothing to match his talent, I thought he could have won the 1st Griffin fight it was close, defo won the 2nd and was borderline robbed. He had a great comeback win though at CW against Jirov, after the Sam Peter 1 fight it was pretty much over and he should have retired then.
Yep. A buddy of mine attended a post-fight party for Toney that night after the Peter bout. Pretty much everyone felt James was robbed and there was a festive mood but he said throughout it all, Toney was just...somber. Wasn't as happy at all with his performance. Perhaps he realized he had slipped badly, I don't know. I guess the next step was denial.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:30 PM #40
SRR by Triangle Theory

Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,200,367,136,362,761,216.00
Total Points: 5,200,367,136,362,950,656.00
I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson 
Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry 
Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz 
One of the great posters - jas Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear :) - Salim_Shady Thank you for bumping the Rockin' story thread, I would have otherwise never seen it and I really enjoyed reading it. - Tyler_Durden Icon says it all - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioMaravilla View Post

an unweight drained James is a toss up with prime Jones. James first fought the scales and thats what killed him on fight night. In the gym I watched some sheer brilliance in James displays in the ring aswell as some incredible feats in weightloss.

Roy was definately a brilliant boxer though. So was James.

It was the weightloss game that he played with the scales that finally caught up to him. James defeated himself, even before the first bell ever rang that night, more than Roy Jones really did. That could have been a fight of the millenium.

A tossup............Rockin'
Rockin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
highly, james, rate, toney?

User Tag List