Cotto Suppose Edge wasn't in the Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto Suppose Edge wasn't in the Fight

Cotto was shot and dehydrated and weak.

Cotto hardly gain any more went during fight night.
    He wasn't the fighter that would jump all the way to 160 pounds.
    He's power was not at his peak for being dehydrated just like Manny has been stronger for moving up. Cotto face was skinny as hell. He's been so shot and battered, but many haven't realize it. After Margarito he was never the same.It didn't show against M. Jennings because he was no challenge, but he was hurt badly against Clottey. Someone he would'n't had that much trouble in past.

When Cotto fought Mosley he took some massive shots, and his face never swelled as fast as it was against Pac. When Cotto fought Pacquiao he moved even faster than when he fought Shane, but that was do because he was also much lighter.

But he didn't have the key factors he needed to win. He didn't have the strength to knockout Pac and he didn't have strength to take Pac punches. He was too weak. After Cotto was hurt he would back off he wasn't strong enough. If Cotto's punches had been able to hurt Manny Manny would would be backing off, but Cotto was really hurt since his second knockdown and never really recover. That quick knockdown came as a result mostly of Margarito plaster fight and that he was too weak, too skinny headed, too shot to take on punishment like he did against Shane Mosley.

Cotto never really showed much of an advantage against Pac. He showed he had some power and he showed he had enough speed. But you all know that wasn't going to last, not against a fighter like Pacquiao. Cotto only chance was that he would be strong enough to hurt Manny where Manny had to back off. Cotto is also a fighterthat likes to start very fast, but against high stamina, multi combo fighter like Pac if he didn't hurt him in the beginning he wouldn't have much left at the end. Cotto is not use too fighting at a slow pace in the beginning to have enough for the end. If Cotto would save his energy add the end he would
    have a better chance in some particular fights. Because at the end fighters are always more vulnerable because they lose stamina, but against Manny he needed more not only to compete, but to defend himself.

I'm not saying Manny wouldn't be capable of beat him. I'm just saying Cotto would have done a much better fight. Manny can beat any fighter in a slug fest you have to settle down and use defense on him while you prepare for the 12 rounds. Cotto also always like to bend down what makes him right at Manny's range. Cotto had to adjust to a fighter like Pac and he didn't he came in faster, but if he felt he couldn't hurt Manny enough he had to slow the pace down for 12 rounds.

you need to shut the **** up

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd Joy View Post

Cotto was shot and dehydrated and weak.
      Stopped reading there.

Comment

LMAO at *****s.. They're the ones making excuses for miguel instead of the cotto stans.. bwahaha..

Comment

post from a Mayweather stan for sure.

Comment

No excuses in this fight, Pac was the better man.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
              LMAO at *****s.. They're the ones making excuses for miguel instead of the cotto stans.. bwahaha..
              Wouldn't surprise me if they pose as Cotto stans with their alts...

Comment

They were closer to the same size than i thought.

Pac is really starting to fill out as a true welterweight.

Comment

Pacquiao was just to good. If Cotto could have done something better it would have been not to trade with him but as soon as he got hit by a few flurys his tactics went out the window. I almost had the same feeling for the DLH, Hatton fights, they all tryed trading with a man who throws from a ratio of 10:1 of your punches, why do they do it? I'll never know, defense is the only way to succeed against Manny....

Comment

He trained for a whole month more than Pacquiao, was in the best shape of his life, in a happy united camp and got schooled by the better guy. That's it in a nutshell, everything else sounds like excuses...

Comment

Working...
                    X