No announcement yet.

GBP are Setting Canelo up for a fall...and they don't even realise it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBP are Setting Canelo up for a fall...and they don't even realise it

You see, Canelo has known for years now, that with GBP backing him and various networks/tv execs wanting to create a new boxing star, there will always be at least one judge in on the act. Or in other words, bought. This has led to Canelo failing to push the action beyond rounds 4-6, posing, running on the back foot and barely throwing his hands.

He was just as inactive against Mayweather as he was at time against Cotto and then, ultimately at GGG. That shold have cost him both fights but he managed to get a share vs May and wins over the other 2.

Problem is, at some stage, Canelo is going to come up against a fighter that will continuously press the action and badly hurt him. It could be one of the Charlos, it could be GGG in a rematch or it could be someone we don't know BUt it will happen and no bought judges will saveh im then .

Without even realising it, GBP are letting their biggest commodity set himself up for a massive fall.

Cotto was conpetitive but it wasn't a close fight... he's a natural counter puncher and tried to outbox Floyd. Some guys are agressive counter punchers but that doesnt make them aggressive ie JMM. I thought him and GGG were even...

It's not going to cost him because he can actually fight. No Charlo brother is going to chase him down like GGG. It would be a slow tactical fight...really unappealing to the general public.

Your entire point cant be attributed to one word. Stamina. It's the only area he lacks in (severely) and it's why he fights in spots and prefers you go to him. The more you go to him the more success he has. No one else at 160 has pressure like GGG...and sooner or later his chin is going to crack which I hope we never see.

Comment

it's not a fail when Canelo's already made himself and them hundreds of millions.

he's a success story

Comment

The thing a lot of fans fail to understand with these sorta weird threads is its not really about what you think its about. Oscar isn't trying to create the next "ATG" guy boxing dorks will jack off over or & other boxing dorks will call a overrated bum. He's trying to get f#cking paid. And so is Canelo. And they've succeeded. If Canelo never wins another fight he's a winner. And while Oscar gots a rehab or three in his future he's a winner for mapping out this whole thing via GBP.

I will say the sketchy judging thing in so many Canelo fights would be something I'd like to see independently looked into cuz there seems to be high probability there is something rotten in Denmark there or at least in one or two of those instances at a minimum. I mean at least I've never seen a leaning judge in so many fights of a one fighter in such a short period of time so if Oscar or someone Oscar is down with was doing something highly f#cked up there it would not be that surprising.

Comment

Canelo is the most talented fighter at 154-160 hands down..He is special because he is still learning and expanding his game..He has a ways to go but he is not stick in his ways

Comment

Whats up with all the Charlo hype? The better one almost lost to Trout and the other one looked like shit against Julian Jacksons son before stopping him right? Think Canelo and GGG beat the shit out of both those dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
              it's not a fail when Canelo's already made himself and them hundreds of millions.

he's a success story
              This...........

Comment

As mentioned before the fight...If You Don't Knock Canelo Out You're Not Going To Beat Him!

The GGG fight further Proved that. You guys think because of the Backlash from the first fight that somehow things will be more fair in the rematch? NO! They will just find another judge to next time not make the Corruption so obvious. If Byrd scored it 115-113 Canelo I honestly don't think it would be much of a Backlash (Well besides the GGG Fans of course). This is nothing new for Boxing and it will continue to happen!
                Last edited by sicko; 09-19-2017, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post

he's a success story
                  Fighters who have made more money than Canelo have lost it all in a matter of months.

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  The thing a lot of fans fail to understand with these sorta weird threads is its not really about what you think its about. Oscar isn't trying to create the next "ATG" guy boxing dorks will jack off over or & other boxing dorks will call a overrated bum. He's trying to get f#cking paid. And so is Canelo. And they've succeeded. If Canelo never wins another fight he's a winner. And while Oscar gots a rehab or three in his future he's a winner for mapping out this whole thing via GBP.

I will say the sketchy judging thing in so many Canelo fights would be something I'd like to see independently looked into cuz there seems to be high probability there is something rotten in Denmark there or at least in one or two of those instances at a minimum. I mean at least I've never seen a leaning judge in so many fights of a one fighter in such a short period of time so if Oscar or someone Oscar is down with was doing something highly f#cked up there it would not be that surprising.
                  See, this is where it's not as black and white as you think. First off, with all this money talk, its always important to remember that athletes, in particular boxers, still care baout legacy and it irks many when they aren't appreciated...not even realising that its their own fault in many cases.

Its why people like mayweather and holmes, for example, who held onto their money, were/are still so better.

On top of that, money will also be affected, as less people will start tuning into ppv. Heck, the whole ppv market in the us took a massive hit following the shambles that was may/pac.

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                  Whats up with all the Charlo hype? The better one almost lost to Trout and the other one looked like shit against Julian Jacksons son before stopping him right? Think Canelo and GGG beat the shit out of both those dudes.
                  I'm not hyping charlo and neither brother has done all that much but they are certainly skilled.

Comment

they alrready won in life big time , you are right money can be gone ,Oscar was drug addict but his not stupid for sure ,he made himself and Nelo dirty rich.

Comment

Working...
                    X