• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He can fight Joe Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
      He can fight Joe Smith Jr.
      Smith has to get by Barrera, and that is no given. He is clearly running out of options at 175 though. I think most objective fans would agree he wouldn't beat Ward. And the prospect of beating Stevenson has dropped greatly after Saturday night. His only move is up. But if he could be hurt by Ward than what would guys like Usyk, Bellow and Gassiev do to him?

Comment

To the urologist to check if he can still reproduce. Career wise I don't think he's career is finished. He can still fight the Joe Smith Jr/Barrera and be knock fighters out at 175.

Comment

He needs to go rest first, not sure if he was injured (Rib?) prior to this fight but the way he was folding after a few body shots doesn't make him look good. I literally saw a killer getting cut to pieces seconds by seconds. After his rest he need to work on his body and then a few tunes up and hopefully Adonis or whoever (Smith? Fon?) would be available then Adonis.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... "Back to USSR"...

... his "career" is pretty much finished in the U.S. and even Canada...

... and he looked past his prime since the Chilemba fight.
            ....he stopped taking Meldonium.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              If Ward could hurt him the way he did than Adonis would put his lights out if he landed. I think Kov is going to steer clear of real punchers for a minute.
              I'm just saying, if he could manage to get that win, he'd be back into the mix, but right now? Duva is too busy losing her mind and not having a clue wtf she's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                I'm just saying, if he could manage to get that win, he'd be back into the mix, but right now? Duva is too busy losing her mind and not having a clue wtf she's doing.
                Yeah I can agree with that. Duva is certainly a mess. Screwed Kov in the negotiations and now he's back to the drawing board with no leverage. If Ward didn't ruin him Duva surely will.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  He needs to go rest first, not sure if he was injured (Rib?) prior to this fight but the way he was folding after a few body shots doesn't make him look good. I literally saw a killer getting cut to pieces seconds by seconds. After his rest he need to work on his body and then a few tunes up and hopefully Adonis or whoever (Smith? Fon?) would be available then Adonis.
                  Hurt or not, do you think this will affect his psyche?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Hurt or not, do you think this will affect his psyche?
                    Nope I don't think so, I just think he knows Ward is a better fighter than everyone else. When he faces anyone else he would try to be his normal previous self, the issue now is no one would ever look at him that way again. Now other boxers know they can hurt him, they can now see he isn't the boogeyman.

Comment

Working...
                    X