Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
    Elevate the Lakers? No need.

https://m.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/..._championship/

Here is a SRS ranking of teams with the teams with the toughest path to the championship. As you can see, the '00, '01, and '02 Lakers are in the top 5 of this list, only Hakeem's Rockets had it tougher than the '01 Lakers. Only difference is, the '01 Lakers easily swept through their competition.

Picking the downside of this dynasty to make your argument is hardly fair. Considering their competition, they managed to win 3 consecutive championships.

This is something that hasn't been done since. This historic GS team is struggling just to win 2. LeBron and his super friends in Miami couldn't do it, Tim and the Spurs couldn't do it, The Celtics Big 3 couldn't do it.

So no, we ain't just trying to elevate Shaq and Kobe's Lakers, their accomplishments were legit.
    I love how he's trying to act like the 2003-2005 Pistons were scrubs or something lol

They beat a 61 win Indiana team in the East Finals in 2004, then beat the Kobe-Shaq Lakers, proven back to back to back winners just 2 years earlier. And then they beat the Shaq-Wade Heat in the East Final the next year, and took an absolute prime San Antonio team 7 games in the 2005 Finals.

That team was real good, coached by one of the best coaches ever. Billups, Prince, Hamilton, Rasheed, and prime Ben Wallace was a good lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      Kobe never had games like these.

I don't think anybody has.

As far as Finals.

LeBron can play, bro's.

He is a great one.
      Puts up 41 two games in a row and basically averages a triple double, shot over 50% with not even two turnovers and he's falling. These people are nuts.
      He's carrying this team. Irving is a good individual player but Bron has put this team on his back. There doesn't seem to be a way to stop him or even slow him down

As good as he's done though, if they lose game 7, u know the choke artist chorus will be loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        I love how he's trying to act like the 2003-2005 Pistons were scrubs or something lol

They beat a 61 win Indiana team in the East Finals in 2004, then beat the Kobe-Shaq Lakers, proven back to back to back winners just 2 years earlier. And then they beat the Shaq-Wade Heat in the East Final the next year, and took an absolute prime San Antonio team 7 games in the 2005 Finals.

That team was real good, coached by one of the best coaches ever. Billups, Prince, Hamilton, Rasheed, and prime Ben Wallace was a good lineup.
        The Pistons always get downplayed because they had no offensive superstars, but people tend to omit the fact that they were one of the greatest defensive teams in history.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
          Puts up 41 two games in a row and basically averages a triple double, shot over 50% with not even two turnovers and he's falling. These people are nuts.
          He's carrying this team. Irving is a good individual player but Bron has put this team on his back. There doesn't seem to be a way to stop him or even slow him down

As good as he's done though, if they lose game 7, u know the choke artist chorus will be loud.
          I don't think anyone's debating about Lebron here. He's played great, and if they complete this comeback, he definitely elevates his career. It'll be sickening of course, but hey credit where it's due.

The debate the last couple pages is cause this other dude wants to say the Kobe-Shaq Lakers weren't that good lol Or wouldn't beat these Warriors

Comment

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
            The Pistons always get downplayed because they had no offensive superstars, but people tend to omit the fact that they were one of the greatest defensive teams in history.
            Like I said bro, they didn't ACTUALLY watch those Detroit teams lol

Comment

• That Pistons team remains a personal favourite of mine.

That was a time of 'superstar' teams, Detroit were the opposite. A group of really good team players. They had themselves 5 great defensive players and while offensively limited, they could rely on Hamilton scoring 20 via mid-range jumpers coming off screens, Billups could give you 20 in a variety of ways, Rasheed was still good for 15...

If they scored 90, their defence would usually ensure them a win. If I recall right, they only gave up around 85ppg on average.

Comment

• Originally posted by baya View Post
                Come on Man...apologize for going with that lame media oriented sentiment of lebron being past his prime-be a gentleman.
                I still think he's past his prime. The man has been in the league for 13 years and played in 6 straight Finals. That's a lot of miles on his legs. To me LBJ was @ his peak when he was with the Heat. Being a little past his prime doesn't mean he isn't still great or the best player in the league.

Comment

• Now Kobe fan want to talk 'bout no one eben saw dose Pistons teams way back in da yonder..

Silly asses, this ain't black and white SRR archival footage we are talking about.:

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Like I said bro, they didn't ACTUALLY watch those Detroit teams lol
                    Funny thing is, I think that Pistons team could lock down this Dubs team. Those Pistons were mean and physical. That front court of Prince, Wallace, and Wallace was one of the best defensive front lines ever. Tayshaun was a nightmare defensively because of his length and athleticism. People think Draymond is tough, imagine him having to go up against Rasheed and Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      Now Kobe fan want to talk 'bout no one eben saw dose Pistons teams way back in da yonder..

Silly asses, this ain't black and white SRR archival footage we are talking about.:
                      Honest question, how do you think this Dub team does against those Pistons? What happens with Draymond against Rasheed and Ben?

Comment

Working...
                      X