Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 03-11-2016, 02:03 PM #21
The Driver's Seat

Quoted: 2378 Post(s)
Nubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,002,389,341.99
Happy Kwanzaa - Freedom. GGG p4p#1 baby! - OnePunch Keep up the great work around here - Chollo Vista Take that hot dog. Whore. Lmfao - No Diggity That as.shole krazyn8tive got put in his place - punchr 
No Message - //// 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - S.O.G Ward 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotefury View Post
The procedure was about 5 minutes... It was like 1.5 minutes each eye... Super fast after they were done I told them that they looked like a damn nascar pit crew... Cuz they were that fast, they just laughed... It didn't hurt at all u just felt pressure on your eyeball, they gave me these stress balls to squeeze incase I felt pain or got anxious, but I didn't need them, it was pretty painless.

I got the one where they cut, and flip the flap and and start working on your cornea... The appearance of my pupil didn't change, and you can't even tell anything was done, like you know how when someone where's contacts and you can see the edge line, well with this you don't see anything, and there isn't like a scar or anything like that where they cut, can't even tell anything was done.

My night vision is great, I mostly work in the dark, I work the night shift at a hospital and I work in X-ray so I'm pretty much always in dimly lit rooms. And can't complain... I don't really notice halos and rays or any of those side effects they talk about... It looks the same as if I were wearing glasses, so it doesn't look crazy or weird or bad.
Awesome stuff. Glad yours went well.

I'm doing my research and there are literally websites dedicated to telling people NOT to get the procedure done for various reasons. It's killing my vibe lol. They mostly complain about chronic dry-eye, permanent halos, worsened night vision, etc. But I have a feeling a lot of these people got it done back when it was still in the early stages of the technology they have now. And they probably didn't research and just went and got it done with whoever was the cheapest. That's their fault.
Nubia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:07 PM #22
Tom Brady=GOAT

Quoted: 2553 Post(s)
SouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,001,097,121.79
Calzaghe is the man!! - mathed happy birthday - LarryXXX happy birthday! - -jose- Happy Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - -jose- 
No Message - -jose- almost 2000 gift...thanks for the green - -jose- Heres To Connor Mcgregor Bro, Were Taking Over - Rocky... Genuinely one of the funniest posters on this site. - joseph5620 No Message - -jose- 
Happy New Year bro, All the best for 2016 - Rocky... No Message - -jose- it's going to be the FOTY - Santa_ SOG! - Cutthroat realest ni*ga on earf - Beercules 
Happy Holidays - TBear You are the wind beneath my wings. - PF Rudyo some alize for a real nicca staccin that breade - STAX ON DECK funny as fk - jas May You Have the Woman of Your Dreams - JimRaynor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
I think they are the RB5228. Or maybe a more square version of that one. I don't know, my GF at the time picked them out.
I don't even know what those look like. I have wayfarers. Their pretty sweet. My other pair of Ray Bans were broken by my whore Puerto Rican ex girlfriend
SouthPawHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:09 PM #23
The Driver's Seat

Nubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond reputeNubia has a reputation beyond repute
Happy Kwanzaa - Freedom. GGG p4p#1 baby! - OnePunch Keep up the great work around here - Chollo Vista Take that hot dog. Whore. Lmfao - No Diggity That as.shole krazyn8tive got put in his place - punchr 
No Message - //// 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
I don't even know what those look like. I have wayfarers. Their pretty sweet. My other pair of Ray Bans were broken by my whore Puerto Rican ex girlfriend
Those god damn Puerto Rican hoe's with their exaggerated meltdowns, always having to break sh*t. I feel you bruh, I feel you.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:13 PM #24
Tom Brady=GOAT

Quoted: 2553 Post(s)
SouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,001,097,121.79
Calzaghe is the man!! - mathed happy birthday - LarryXXX happy birthday! - -jose- Happy Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - -jose- 
No Message - -jose- almost 2000 gift...thanks for the green - -jose- Heres To Connor Mcgregor Bro, Were Taking Over - Rocky... Genuinely one of the funniest posters on this site. - joseph5620 No Message - -jose- 
Happy New Year bro, All the best for 2016 - Rocky... No Message - -jose- it's going to be the FOTY - Santa_ SOG! - Cutthroat realest ni*ga on earf - Beercules 
Happy Holidays - TBear You are the wind beneath my wings. - PF Rudyo some alize for a real nicca staccin that breade - STAX ON DECK funny as fk - jas May You Have the Woman of Your Dreams - JimRaynor 

Quote:
Those god damn Puerto Rican hoe's with their exaggerated meltdowns, always having to break sh*t. I feel you bruh, I feel you.
Well yeah she was crazy but she just sat down on them. She had put them in my truck seat and she didn't look before sitting down.
SouthPawHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:04 PM #25
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8525 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 152,115,667,039,215,091,712.00
Total Points: 200,157,009,888,056,524,668,928.00
Beers up! - anthonydavid11 Savagely funny - Polarbear No Message - Jamie harris Pimpin aint easy and NSB staff literally have Taco Bell parties - SugarKaineHook Thanks again! - Oldschool5 
I love you - BombZquad Here's an umbrella to keep your mullet dry when it rains - Mike D Here's an umbrella to keep your mullet dry when it rains - Mike D for jhonny to munch on - Sup You're the man! - JimRaynor 
Cheers Jhonny!  SOG!  SOG! - Redd Foxx Enjoy this tasty burger! - JimRaynor Happy Hanukkah - Freedom. Learn English.  U faggot. - HAMMER77777 Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 
Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! 

Quote:
It seems like everyone knows at least one person with a Lasik horror story but we don't hear too much about those who were 100% satisfied. If you do the proper research on a reputable surgeon, the chances of something going wrong are slim to none in today's day and age. And the procedure, or so I've heard, is quick and easy. Much quicker than in previous years. If done correctly, the moment you wake up post-surgery nap (you have to go to sleep as soon as you get home and wear these funky goggles) your vision should be either 20/20, or in many cases BETTER than 20/20.

I'm thinking about getting it done but like any sane person I still have my doubts.

I'm not totally against glasses, I have a real nice pair of RayBans and have gotten compliments from so many women about how handsome and sophisticated I look in them but it's not all about the looks. Having to wear glasses 24/7 is a pain all around. My vision is horrible without them. And I wore contacts for many years. It's just too annoying to deal with.

Glasses/contact wearers, have you considered getting Lasik? If you're in the L.A. area I'll send you a link to the surgeon who I want to do my procedure.

I am far sighted. LASIK for me is more complicated... Won't do it..
Zaroku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:21 PM #26
Lifestyle CHINGON

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Coyotefury has a reputation beyond reputeCoyotefury has a reputation beyond reputeCoyotefury has a reputation beyond reputeCoyotefury has a reputation beyond reputeCoyotefury has a reputation beyond reputeCoyotefury has a reputation beyond reputeCoyotefury has a reputation beyond reputeCoyotefury has a reputation beyond reputeCoyotefury has a reputation beyond reputeCoyotefury has a reputation beyond reputeCoyotefury has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 138,517,160,139,800,080.00
Total Points: 138,517,171,947,841,344.00
here ya go cuate have a Corona - ElGranLuchador Don't drive while drunk - TheGoldenSnake ran out of green k, but here's to 1 of your recent posts. - chiguy91 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
Awesome stuff. Glad yours went well.

I'm doing my research and there are literally websites dedicated to telling people NOT to get the procedure done for various reasons. It's killing my vibe lol. They mostly complain about chronic dry-eye, permanent halos, worsened night vision, etc. But I have a feeling a lot of these people got it done back when it was still in the early stages of the technology they have now. And they probably didn't research and just went and got it done with whoever was the cheapest. That's their fault.
Well that's true, I just recently had it done so the technology has changed dramatically from the prior years... Plus I went with a dr that was really good and had a very high reputation of using the best state of the art equipment, and was also recommended by my optometrists, because of the results he has seen on people.

The area I live in has 3 Dr.s that do these... My cousin went with the dr that is considered to be the lower guy, and he is unfortunately one of those few with a horror story, because even though he had surgery he still can't see crap and need glasses plus he has dry eyes.

Last edited by Coyotefury; 03-11-2016 at 08:24 PM.
Coyotefury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:24 PM #27
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 8560 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 275,318,159,228,772,064.00
Total Points: 305,318,159,228,769,600.00
Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc 
Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 
Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 

I've heard nothing but bad things. Particularly from my wife. Her and my optometrist were trading lasik horror stories the other day, about how it starts out great and degrades over the years, leaving you fked.
Redd Foxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:14 AM #28
The Driver's Seat

No Message - //// 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaroku View Post
I am far sighted. LASIK for me is more complicated... Won't do it..
Not really. Lasik will treat nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism. This isn't the 90's lol. They've evolved, trust me. Plus you live in Japan. They probably have the most elite surgeons over there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
I've heard nothing but bad things. Particularly from my wife. Her and my optometrist were trading lasik horror stories the other day, about how it starts out great and degrades over the years, leaving you fked.
It doesn't degrade for no reason. The only reason it would degrade is because your actual eyesight is changing due to aging. The actual corrective surgery doesn't just stop working and get worse for no reason over time. It's your eyesight that gets worse. That's why they make sure your current prescription is consistent before they even treat you.

Maybe when you're an old man you might need glasses down the line, but not for many many years.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:16 AM #29
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8525 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 152,115,667,039,215,091,712.00
Total Points: 200,157,009,888,056,524,668,928.00
Beers up! - anthonydavid11 Savagely funny - Polarbear No Message - Jamie harris Pimpin aint easy and NSB staff literally have Taco Bell parties - SugarKaineHook Thanks again! - Oldschool5 
I love you - BombZquad Here's an umbrella to keep your mullet dry when it rains - Mike D Here's an umbrella to keep your mullet dry when it rains - Mike D for jhonny to munch on - Sup You're the man! - JimRaynor 
Cheers Jhonny!  SOG!  SOG! - Redd Foxx Enjoy this tasty burger! - JimRaynor Happy Hanukkah - Freedom. Learn English.  U faggot. - HAMMER77777 Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 
Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! 

Quote:
Not really. Lasik will treat nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism. This isn't the 90's lol. They've evolved, trust me. Plus you live in Japan. They probably have the most elite surgeons over there.

It doesn't degrade for no reason. The only reason it would degrade is because your actual eyesight is changing due to aging. The actual corrective surgery doesn't just stop working and get worse for no reason over time. It's your eyesight that gets worse. That's why they make sure your current prescription is consistent before they even treat you.

Maybe when you're an old man you might need glasses down the line, but not for many many years.

In the 90's is exactly where I got my latest info! Thanks! Will check it out!
Zaroku is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
corrective, lasik, surgery?

User Tag List