Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs Andre Ward Technical Breakdown Analisys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin wins by showing a great boxing attack and skills. Ward wins by hitting, clinching and bullying in a super ugly fight. I've been slaying Gi Gi and his fans for refusing to admit him joining the A-Side and "Diva" club but Ward only beats him if the refs let's him head butt and hold all night.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
      I've stated this several times before. I'd love to see this fight happen, and I searched for technical breakdowns of the fight. I stopped by to read this article, which in my opinion is very good an non-bias.

http://pinkjumpsuitboxing.com/andre-...cal-breakdown/

I would love to have in this thread a good portion of objective opinions on this matchup, and no hater/lovers of both sides opinions. I think we all tired of that.

I will try to give my thoughts also.(remember this is MY PERSONAL OPINION)

Footwork

As I stated before(in other threads), I think this is the key in this fight. For me Golovkin has an outstanding ability to cut of the ring and Ward has a just as good footwork to deal with. The one being more efective at it, will dictate the pace.

Jab

We just saw what can Golovkin do with the jab if you allow him to land it. He has a stiff jab and very accurate, to date.
      Ward has an effective jab and lands it at will, he usually sets various traps to land it. If he uses it along with that "jumping force" he is dangerous.

Golovkin is very dangerous here with his power jab and for me he is more consistent with it.

Defense

Ward has displayed a notorious way to dismantle his foe's attack, and for me that is a display of his passive defense. He is no Pernell Whitaker, but he has that "elusiveness" that grants him a very good D.
      On the other part, Golovkin has a decent defense, Shoulder rolling here and there, parring shots (jabs mostly), but his head movement, god is awful.

Ward is the MOFO here, period.

Distance

Ward is known for being a tactical user of the inside fight, is one of his best weapons, and guess what, Golovkin is not very good at this range.

In GGG favor, he is excellent at mid-range, his best punches are thown here, and guess what, this isn't Ward best range(he has a nice mid-range game though).

We can have both ways here:
      A) Tactical/ugly fight, Ward edges it
      B) Rangy/"Brawl" fight, Golovkin edges it

Please, comment

we could also add topics (Ring IQ, Power, etc). You may as well add them in your posts.

And I'm a GGG supporter, and yes I can give an objective opinion.

I think the link hit the nail on the head. Ward has significant advantages at close range and this is where Golovkin's opponents have had the most success against him. Ward is excellent at closing distance and smothering his opponents counters that it will be very difficult for Golovkin to keep him off of him. Then when you consider Ward's physical strength and size advantage (he bullied and got rough with Froch, Kessler and Bika) I just can't see this fight being fought at a distance.

If you rewatch Hopkins vs. Trinidad, you'll notice Hopkins spending time in the pocket at times because Hopkins can throw punches from all ranges and Trinidad couldn't. Of course Tito was known as the harder puncher but that was only at his preferred distance. I see this fight playing out the same way.

I just think Ward is a matchup nightmare for GGG.

Comment

Working...
      X