No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko: Joshua has one of the greatest potentials I have ever seen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    Perez is 29 this year. I was thinking more of who'll be around in say 5 years or so when Joshua is 29. Parker is the only youngster (24 or younger) that I could think of. I forgot about Ruiz, I rate him.

@Laced: Joshua is definitely a lot better than Price in a lot of categories. I'd say Price has the edge power wise, his jab and straight right are sickening at times. The main problem with Price apart from his punch resistance and movement is his mentality. I don't think he gasses early because of his stamina, I think he becomes really anxious about being hit.

We'll have to see how Joshua does against better opposition. I can already see that he has a good boxing brain, I just hope his brain doesn't say one thing and his body does another 'cause he's too muscular to react quick enough.

I did have an interesting thought last night about Wlad being a trainer after retiring. I view him as one now after the departure of Steward. I don't really know much about Banks but Steward's teachings are second nature to Wlad now.

How'd Whyte managed to get involved with 'em? Good to see British fighters venturing out of da Shire too.
    Absolutely. His right hand is absolutely monstrous. I just think, as you say, he has a mental block when he's faced with adversity - which causes him to perform worse than his abilities allow him to.

With respect to Tony Thompson, I mean, looking at Price and what he brings to the table, he should be able to deal with Thompson rather easily in my opinion. Let's say he got his by a good shot in the first fight, in the second fight he dropped Thompson hard and almost knew he'd lost as soon as Thompson got up because he's not used to people getting up.

What's good about Joshua is that he has a promoter and matchmaker with many fighters going. Price was the last hope for Maloney and he was saying stuff like 'he's going to be as rich as Lewis' etc. Matchroom will take their time with Joshua hopefully, and that will be a big big plus for him down the line.

With regards to Wlad, I think he could be a good trainer - or mentor more than anything really. But I'm pretty sure he's got plans outside of boxing that he's been speaking about for years. He doesn't want to indulge too much into it, but his future is outside of the fight game apparently - even though he has K2 promotions.

Would be nice to see him as a trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
      Sure they do, he's a good poster. You however, are a complete bellend.

Now, do us all a favour and **** off, and take your ******ed, unfunny threads with you.
      Listen to me you little batty boy, i've FORGOTTEN more about boxing then you've ever learnt.

I AM BOXING.

I've been involved in this sport for years and i KNOW LOADS OF BOXERS, unlike you, you horrible little rat. Next time you wake up just picture me laughing at YOU.

Time some of you lot learnt some RESPECT.

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
        Listen to me you little batty boy, i've FORGOTTEN more about boxing then you've ever learnt.

I AM BOXING.

I've been involved in this sport for years and i KNOW LOADS OF BOXERS, unlike you, you horrible little rat. Next time you wake up just picture me laughing at YOU.

Time some of you lot learnt some RESPECT.
        Are those the people you address as "your fans"

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Are those the people you address as "your fans"
          Look mate, i dont even know what you're talking about. I come on express an honest and fair opinion and you try to slice me up like bacon. Seriously, learn some respect.

Comment

Look mate, i dont even know what you're talking about. I come on express an honest and fair opinion and you try to slice me up like bacon. Seriously, learn some respect.
            Are you ill?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Did they? I don't remember them saying that stuff, and certainly not coming from Klitschko or someone like that.

I mean, I like Price, he's from my howntown and I've met him on several occasions, but Joshua is clearly a bigger talent than Pricey.
              Yup I think anyone that's not on an agenda can admit that Joshua looks way better then Price. I liked the fact that we have this big strong guy in Wilder who has a shot at becoming heavyweight champ but Joshua mops the floor with him.

Comment

This is what I'm talking about:

Me and my team have been busy behind the scenes working away on a brand new venture and i'm really excited to tell you all about it today.

Boxing for peace and love

B4PL is a brand new concept, derived and delivered especially for those opened minded people who share in a common bond of love, friendship, peace, erotica, boxing and good will.

We will be hosting our FIRST CLASS on Sat 13th Sept in Battersea. Entry for the first class is free, but ONLY for the first class. There will be a mixed group and please be comfortable with being completely naked in the ring.

Many thanks, to all my fans, i love you with all my heart.

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                Yup I think anyone that's not on an agenda can admit that Joshua looks way better then Price. I liked the fact that we have this big strong guy in Wilder who has a shot at becoming heavyweight champ but Joshua mops the floor with him.
                Depends on who lands first.

Comment

I'm fully on board the Joshua hype train.

He WILL win world titles in the not to distant future.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                    Joshua is the truth.

His Olympic gold was dodgy though imo. He got a gift decision against that Cuban guy.
                    And against Cammarelle.

But he's improved since then. He seems to be a complete, well-rounded fighter without any serious weaknesses.

From what I've seen, Joshua has the best potential of any up-and-coming heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                      He gave high praise to Deontay Wilder as well.
                      Joshua would KO Wilder in 2

Comment

Working...
                      X