Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand New Google Phone "NEXUS 4"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would get the Nexus 10. Should be decent development on it. And plus you already got the Galaxy Note 2, the Galaxy Note 10.1 is pretty much a bigger version without the "phone" part. You got the Samsung software on your phone, and pure android on the tablet
    Last edited by Toy Story 3; 10-30-2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
      LOL

This phone is incredible, I haven't had any issues with it, for the exception of that wake up "lag" which happens periodically. If QBking would've never said anything, I would've never noticed it.

I need a tablet for myself, my woman is Appled out, laptop, tablet, phone. I need to build my own Android eco system, I was going to buy the Asus infinity, then I heard the Note 10.1 now I hear about Nexus 10, to me the only thing keeping this from being perfect tablet is the SD slot missing. But $400 is an amazing price for 10" tablet.
      Good point, something that I am trying to factor in.

Comment

Originally posted by maenyfresh View Post
        Am getting an upgrade this week. Still not sure if i must get the S3 or galaxy note 2. I know the note 2 has a lil more specs but i feel its a bit too big and plus if i get the S3 im going to get a special package that includes the tab 2 10.1. am upgrading from an iPhone 4 so some advice pls
        I would get the Note 2. People always say a screen is too big (mostly iSheep) then they end up loving it. The Note2 has some very nice features! S3 is a great phone as well. You'll be happy with either decision. I'd go Note 2 over GS3

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
          eh SD card shouldn't be a deciding factor. Take into consideration the 1.5 quad core snap dragon processor before you take into consideration an SD card.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
            Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
            eh SD card shouldn't be a deciding factor. Take into consideration the 1.5 quad core snap dragon processor before you take into consideration an SD card.
            I'm still gonna get the tablet, I can understand not having the SD option on a tablet, since I don't take pictures or save music with an Ipad I know I wouldn't need that much memory on a tablet, but I do need a SD slot on my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post
              I would get the Nexus 10. Should be decent development on it. And plus you already got the Galaxy Note 2, the Galaxy Note 10.1 is pretty much a bigger version without the "phone" part. You got the Samsung software on your phone, and pure android on the tablet

Comment

I love Android, but think their devices are garbage... Nexus does nothng for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                  I'm still gonna get the tablet, I can understand not having the SD option on a tablet, since I don't take pictures or save music with an Ipad I know I wouldn't need that much memory on a tablet, but I do need a SD slot on my phone.
                  There's other phones with SD Cards but Nexus will no longer have an SD card and I'm sure a 32 gb Nexus 4 is right around the corner. Some people find SD cards confusing, some don't and with the push towards cloud storage Google is going away from SD cards on Nexus. Another reason they are going away with it, is due to multi-users. With an SD card there'd be no way that you can share your device and take advantage of Multi-user feature because your media will still be there for the other person to see. Eliminating an SD card fixes this and allows you to seamlessly let someone "borrow" or "look" at your phone without them seeing any of your media.

ps I'm running the new google 4.2 keyboard and i have to say it's very nice! and this is a pre-released unfinished version. I will no longer use swype or swiftkey.
                  Last edited by ANDROIDISM; 10-31-2012, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    I love Android, but think their devices are garbage... Nexus does nothng for me.
                    Those nexus device are geared toward developers, not really for regular Android users. The devices usually don't have the flashy stuff that Samsung puts on their phones, but the internal hardware is top shelf, not even close to garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
                      There's other phones with SD Cards but Nexus will no longer have an SD card and I'm sure a 32 gb Nexus 4 is right around the corner. Some people find SD cards confusing, some don't and with the push towards cloud storage Google is going away from SD cards on Nexus. Another reason they are going away with it, is due to multi-users. With an SD card there'd be no way that you can share your device and take advantage of Multi-user feature because your media will still be there for the other person to see. Eliminating an SD card fixes this and allows you to seamlessly let someone "borrow" or "look" at your phone without them seeing any of your media.

ps I'm running the new google 4.2 keyboard and i have to say it's very nice! and this is a pre-released unfinished version. I will no longer use swype or swiftkey.
                      Yeah but the phone doesn't have the multi-user feature, Makes sense on the tablet though.

Would like to see the keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                      X