Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we gonna act like Jermell Charlo isn't being protected?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
    Stupid topic.
    - Jermell was matched tough for his entire career. He fought good guys on the way up.
    - He won WBC title against guy He was mandated to fight, his first 2 defences were mandatory bouts. His next 2 defences are against top 10 fighters.
    - Hurd didn't fight Lara because "He's less protected". He fought Lara, because Cuban thought He is more beatable. People aren't lining up to fight
    - Munguia is the one protected. His last defence was a joke and They want to match him with Japanese champion now in another mismatch.
    - Jermell singed to fight Andrade - and it was Boo-Boo who stepped away from a deal (Whatever the reason - Jermell was up for very difficult fight).
    - Jermell was promised a shot at Canelo, which He wanted - but Golden Boy gave that fight to Kirkland instead.

Like them or not - Charlo's are confident and They are competitiors. They are up for big fights.
    Great post. Green K. Thread should end now. Andrade Canelo both ducked him and that’s facts

Comment

Yep, I think Hurd will crush him.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        Mungia hasn’t unified anything either lmaoooo. Austin Trout and Tony Harrison way better than the last two bums Jamie faced
        And Jamie Mungia shouldn’t be fighting no damn 40th ranked old Canadian boxer like Brandon Cook lmaooo. You’re trying hard but you’re failing. When Mungia defends his belt against an elite fighter then I’ll agree with you until then you just sound biased. Mungia don’t want to fight Charlo right now
        Listen, I understand you may not be the brightest star, so let me break it down for you in layman's terms.

This thread isn't a comparison of who has fought the better opposition between Mungia and Charlo. I understand that's what your silly ass is trying to turn it to

This thread is about the fact that Hurd has gone through the gauntlet, while Jermell has done jack schit.

Instead of Jermell unifying on his side, like Hurd has done, so we can have a fight for UNDISPUTED JMW SUPREMACY next year, Jermell is content at fighting 2 guys Hurd HAS ALREADY knocked out. If he was gonna fight someone Hurd already beat, why not Lara?

Now I know this is gonna be very difficukt for you to understand, but at least give it a shot

Comment

So it is Jermell fault that Hurd got hurt and wants a Tune Up to test his Injury before going into the biggest fight of his career

Protected from WHO exactly at 154? Charlo vs Hurd is going to happen they're clearly building towards it, if not next then sometime next year for sure. Only reason why it probably won't be next is because I'm sure Mandatory Obligations will be ordered next for both, J Rock is rated #1 by the WBC and IBF so he will have his choice of which Belt he wants to fight for.

The fight is going to happen, nobody is ducking but when they do the fight it should be a BIG FIGHT

Comment

They weren't protecting Hurd when they put him in with Erickson Lubin. Many people thought Lubin was going to be a future star almost like how Devin Haney is now.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
              Yep, I think Hurd will crush him.
              Crush him? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Crush him? LOL!
                Yep, absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                  It's not all up to him. PBC offer match-ups to TV and to fighters - everyone has to be on board.
                  I'm pretty sure it was down to Lara to go after Hurd. He figured it was easier fight against then volnurable looking, aggressive slugger. Lara was solid favorite in that fight.

What people don't understand - A lot of times guys who get big fights aren't necessary the brave ones - They are guys who look volnurable for others.
                  Think about Indongo. He got a fight with Troyanovsky because no one thought anything of him.
                  He got unification with Burns right away because everyone thought He got lucky in Russia...

In the meantime, take let's say Rigondeaux and how long it took him to get meaningful fight... and after looking spectacular, He never got another one (At his weight).

Be fair with Charlos men. I don't like them either, trust me.
                  They are competitors though - and people aren't lining up to fight them at all.
                  What does any of that have to do with Charlo has fought back to back opponents that Hurd has previously stopped? I don't recommend it, but if he's gonna fight any body Hurd has already beaten, why not Lara?

Lara called Charlo out before any of the above. I even posted a link in the OP

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                    They weren't protecting Hurd when they put him in with Erickson Lubin. Many people thought Lubin was going to be a future star almost like how Devin Haney is now.
                    I'm assuming you're talking about Charlo instead of Hurd, correct?

If so, good win for Charlo, but the Lubin fight was over a year ago.

Lara wanted to fight Charlo instead of Charlo fighting Trout. My thing is Charlo should've targeted Lara since Hurd was hurt. If he couldn't get Lara, then he should've targeted Mungia to unify. If he couldn't get Mungia, ok then fight Austin Trout and Tony Harrison

He did none of the above and opted to be protected

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                      Yep, absolutely.
                      Zero percent that happens. Can Hurd win? Absolutely, but it will be a tight fight. Harrison/Trout/Lara all fought Hurd even until he took over late in the fight. Charlo unlike those three won't be stopped, but Hurd could still have his moments late.

Comment

Working...
                      X