Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBO Issues Official Response to Pacquiao/Horn Outcome

http://www.wboboxing.com/letter-games-amusement-board/

Originally posted by WBO
    We must make it clear that an Official’s discretion, whether Judge or Referee, is irrevocable. The decision of an Official should only be revoked when fraud or violations of the Law occur. I assure you that the Officials who participated in this fight are all professional, distinguished, honest and honorable human beings. Can you imagine the Nevada State Athletic Commission investigating Referee Tony Weeks because he did not deduct points during the Kovalev fight!
    BURN!

Originally posted by WBO
    Although this is the situation, as I previously publicly stated, we will appoint five (5) anonymous competent Judges from different countries to watch the bout without sound distraction. Then, we will tabulate the results to ascertain clearly which rounds each fighter won using an average scale based on 60, 80 and 100 per cent. This means that 3 of the 5 officials have to agree to determine which fighter won the round.

The purpose of this review is to be able to give the fans certainty of who was the winner of the bout, even though we do not have the power to reverse the decision of the Judges based on discretion and, in this case, we do have a rematch clause on the fight contract.
    Translated: "We'll let 5 independent judges look and score the fight. But Manny lost, get over it."

Horn won, put that work in on pacquaio who was expecting a dud bum ass aussie that was gonna fold on the first solid left when that person didnt show up Pacquaio had no answers.

Comment

We just need to have cats fight & send the video off to judges to watch at their leisure & get back to us in a couple weeks & tell us who won fights lol. Since everyone loves the suspense of a decision so much imagine how suspenseful that will be to wait 10-14 days for a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        http://www.wboboxing.com/letter-games-amusement-board/

BURN!

Translated: "We'll let 5 independent judges look and score the fight. But Manny lost, get over it."
        I think they did the same thing for the Bradley fight

Comment

I think every major fight should have a protest ruling where 5 independent judges re-watch and score the fight and have the power to over rule a decision.

Boxing is very much behind the times of other sports using trial by camera to over rule decisions, people make mistakes they should not have the power to make a wrong call that destroys a guy that worked his life for that moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            I think every major fight should have a protest ruling where 5 independent judges re-watch and score the fight and have the power to over rule a decision.

Boxing is very much behind the times of other sports using trial by camera to over rule decisions, people make mistakes they should not have the power to make a wrong call that destroys a guy that worked his life for that moment.
            Bad idea. Guys like Keith Thurman would not be undefeated, the process would grind to a halt because every decision would be contested, even lopsided ones.

I'm fine with saying we do this for split or majority decisions. Not unanimous ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post

Agree with this. Every major sport has video replay and the power to overturn plays. Boxing is behind the times and needs to evolve.

Comment

Either that or have more judges score the bout. Less room for 1 ir 2 judges showing their bias if you have 5, 7, or 9 judges.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  We just need to have cats fight & send the video off to judges to watch at their leisure & get back to us in a couple weeks & tell us who won fights lol. Since everyone loves the suspense of a decision so much imagine how suspenseful that will be to wait 10-14 days for a decision.
                  This could revive the PPV industry.

Watch fight for free, three weeks later pay to see who won!

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    I think they did the same thing for the Bradley fight
                    They did and all 5 judges thought Pac won and Bradley still got too keep the belt...

Comment

Working...
                    X