No announcement yet.

2014 most violent countries list - CNN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 most violent countries list - CNN

Measured as intentional homicides per 100,000 population.

COUNTRIES

Honduras: 90.4 (per 100,000)
    Venezuela: 53.7
    Belize: 44.7
    El Salvador: 41.2
    Guatemala: 39.9
    Jamaica: 39.3
    Swaziland: 33.8
    Saint Kitts and Nevis: 33.6
    South Africa: 31.0
    Colombia: 30.8

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/10/wo...-murder-rates/

Never knew Venezuela was that violent. It's been high on recent lists but #2 is crazy.

The violent cities list correlates somewhat, but not exactly.

Honduras's stat is mind boggling.

Here are the city rankings.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3053727.html

I guess being so large countries such as Mexico and Brazil can have a few crazy cities but still not break into the top 10 overall by homicide rate.

Comment

Dizamn Honduras damn near doubles the #2. Wow! They're about to lap the field in murders.

Comment

not really surprised by any of the countries listed. interesting though.........

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
          Never knew Venezuela was that violent. It's been high on recent lists but #2 is crazy.

The violent cities list correlates somewhat, but not exactly.

Honduras's stat is mind boggling.
          Yeah Venezuela is progressively getting worse as time goes by because it is a large hub for drug trafficking and many citizens have no means of living, other than to get involved in the drug trade.

Comment

Do y'all remember that **** that happened in Kingston? The infamous Tivoli Gardens neighborhood that was basically an entire safe house for their top dog drug lord? Christopher Dudus Coke. **** was f**king nuts. The police came in to get him and the entire Tivoli Gardens neighborhood waged war to protect his ass. Like 75 people got killed.

Think about that for a second...police come to serve a warrant, and 75 people die in an afternoon. It was like a mini-war.

**** is cray!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Do y'all remember that **** that happened in Kingston? The infamous Tivoli Gardens neighborhood that was basically an entire safe house for their top dog drug lord? Christopher Dudus Coke. **** was f**king nuts. The police came in to get him and the entire Tivoli Gardens neighborhood waged war to protect his ass. Like 75 people got killed.

Think about that for a second...police come to serve a warrant, and 75 people die in an afternoon. It was like a mini-war.

**** is cray!!
              Didnt hear about that one. You got a link?

Comment

The U.S looks pretty safe to me.

Think I'll stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Senormous View Post
                  Didnt hear about that one. You got a link?
                  Here ya go, brah. First link that came up. I thought it was over the course of a day but I was mistaken -- actually it was four days of fighting so I was way off on that. But the death toll was about right.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/05...ord-439640922/

The ultimately caught the dude (he was dressed like an old lady when they caught him, lmao).

Comment

This study must be false. America has people with 23 guns and its easy to buy unregulated guns, they must be up there.

Comment

Working...
                    X