No announcement yet.

Alita: Battle Angel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alita: Battle Angel

Anyone see it? Is it worth going to watch?

It only got okay reviews. Seems like they screwed up on another adaptation. Probably should have been an HBO series like Game of Thrones, since the story is very long and they would have been more true to the story, plus make a gang of money.

Comment

Sundays are movies days for me and the wife after dropping off kids at my parent’s keke.

Today Im watching either The Prodigy or Cold Pursuit.

Alita isnt an option cuz it seems like crap to me. It looks horrible, like some chick movie.

Gonna smoke a fat one and watch Prodigy or Cold pursuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
        It only got okay reviews. Seems like they screwed up on another adaptation. Probably should have been an HBO series like Game of Thrones, since the story is very long and they would have been more true to the story, plus make a gang of money.
        If Hollywood would just stick to the source material they would have a good movie.

They certainly didn't do that with Ghost in the Shell, though. So I am cautious about wasting any money on another piece of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          Sundays are movies days for me and the wife after dropping off kids at my parent’s keke.

Today Im watching either The Prodigy or Cold Pursuit.

Alita isnt an option cuz it seems like crap to me. It looks horrible, like some chick movie.

Gonna smoke a fat one and watch Prodigy or Cold pursuit.
          You're not into manga and Japanime?

Comment

I still have some of the manga and VHS amine from the 90's so I guess you'd say I'm a long time fan. I won't touch this sack of shyt though....

Her face is distractingly distorted. That might work if everyone was wildly exaggerated but they're not. It's mostly realism so she just looks stupid. The actresses voice couldn't be less interesting. I can tell I'll be cringing the whole time so I'll skip this just like I skipped another old favorite, Ghost in the Shell.
            God help me if an American studio tries to do Record of Lodos War...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              You're not into manga and Japanime?
              I am into old school anime like Ninja Scroll and Robotech but Alita Im not familiar with. Saw the trailer and it seems like kids’ anime.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                If Hollywood would just stick to the source material they would have a good movie.

They certainly didn't do that with Ghost in the Shell, though. So I am cautious about wasting any money on another piece of crap.
                I watched it on Sunday, really enjoyed it, don’t pay too much attention to what critics say, just look at rotten tomatoe, critics bash it but the audience are really enjoying it, and about the source material, it sticks really close to it, dare I say, Hollywood May have finally gotten it right this time, unlike ghost in the shell. I showed my wife the 1993 OVA the day before we went to the theatres and she walked out loving the fact that she could recognize whole scenes that were adapted into the film. It seems to cover 4 volumes of the manga, so they might have bit off more than they could chew, but visually it is amazing. I saw it on IMAX 3D. But that’s my opinion, do what you want with your money. A lot people are claiming it’s just getting critic hate cuz they wanna praise Captain Marvel when it comes out, but I have no clue about that. All I can say is check out what the audience comments are at rotten tomato.

Comment

It was... okay. The special effects are really damn good but the more I think on it the more I realise that the story was pretty weak and the writing / acting are very cheesy. There were a fair few moments that felt extremely cringey, and even though it dragged on for over two hours it still managed to have an unsatisfying ending. Even if there are some neat ideas in the story, it just feels unfinished. Even if you like anime stuff, you're probably better off watching actual anime instead. If you just want to see well-done action scenes with great visuals then you should probably go watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                    It was... okay. The special effects are really damn good but the more I think on it the more I realise that the story was pretty weak and the writing / acting are very cheesy. There were a fair few moments that felt extremely cringey, and even though it dragged on for over two hours it still managed to have an unsatisfying ending. Even if there are some neat ideas in the story, it just feels unfinished. Even if you like anime stuff, you're probably better off watching actual anime instead. If you just want to see well-done action scenes with great visuals then you should probably go watch.
                    Can’t beat watching actual anime lol... and yea it has an open ending, depending on how well it does they will make a sequel that’s why it felt “unfinished”. But damn the visual effect were dope right? I don’t make it a habit watching movies on IMAX, but this was James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez, these guys are visual geniuses lol.... so I forked over the extra cash. The design on Zapan’s back looked amazing.

Comment

Working...
                    X