No announcement yet.

GOP wants to grab student loan payments right out of your paycheck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lords View Post
    You free up money from unnecessary stupid spending. Ending the wars in Iraq/Afgan would free up over $125 billion a year. That alone could cover it and leave extra money.

That's just only one thing you could do, there are many ways to pay for this. Only stupid right wing conservatives say we can't afford it.
    So you now admit it's not "free".

You're finally learning!!! A breakthrough!

We may be able to de-program an NPC here!!

That'll be a first.

But we cant afford this gimme program, as we are already running deficits.

Logic 101, when you already can't pay the bills you have, taking on even more bills is a really stupid idea.

Do you at least get that?

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
      Dont know how student loan works here. I never had one cuz my parents paid for my college in thr philippines.

While i agree that borrower should pay the loan, the lender should bear some responsibity and risk too.

You don't just get approved for mortagage loan without showing proof you can pay.

Student loan Lender should not also just approve any random student taking course that are unemployable like say philosophy. If this student graduates and end up working at a grocery store, lender should take the risk of not getting paid as well.
      Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
        Funk some of you Kunts talking down on people receiving school loan. B1tch I work full time and going to Grad school currently. Loan help tremendously even with my job.

No b1tches, I'm not pursuing a liberal arts degree. That why nobody like u right wing, white supremacists kuntlings. Funking u Left wing Liberal Kunts too while u at it.
        Fair statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          American kids dream about being 1) a rock star 2)an athlete 3) a start up billionaire or 4) el chapo. The people in the "invasion" at our borders dream about obtaining a decent meal today for their children .

The country needs immigrants. Period. I could post the opinons of dozens of economists who call for more immigration, buy why bother? Fear and loathing trumps everything (pun intended) in this country.
          Before the Hispanics came who used to do all of those dirty jobs you speak of for next to nothing ? Easy answer they were here before the Irish and italian immagrants.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
            Before the Hispanics came who used to do all of those dirty jobs you speak of for next to nothing ? Easy answer they were here before the Irish and italian immagrants.
            That's correct. My family, Calabrian immigrants, did all the dirty work in the early part of the 20th century right up to the day my father died in the 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              That's correct. My family, Calabrian immigrants, did all the dirty work in the early part of the 20th century right up to the day my father died in the 80's.
              Ding ding. Let's go deeper who did it before your ancestors?

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                Depends entirely on the model.

It is pretty easy to provide public schooling for free, and without causing any kind of bubble.

Publicly provided education can easily co-exist with privately provided education. People who want the privately provided option need to pay for it themselves, meaning that those private institutions had better be providing something really good - they need to innovate.

The question is: does the benefit to the economy from having a highly educated population outweigh the cost of providing that education?

I suspect that it might. Especially if there was a focus on providing STEM education, and getting rid of things like gender studies.

Lmao,,, Government backed loans to ******s who never deserved a loan, and created a huge massive housing bubble that destroyed the country

Government backed students loans, idiots that would never get into college are now knee deep in debt with a stupid worthless “social studies” degree and now that bubble will pop

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Lmao,,, Government backed loans to ******s who never deserved a loan, and created a huge massive housing bubble that destroyed the country

Government backed students loans, idiots that would never get into college are now knee deep in debt with a stupid worthless “social studies” degree and now that bubble will pop
                  Yes, the current model seems to be flawed. Which is why I said it all depends on the model used.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                    Yes, the current model seems to be flawed. Which is why I said it all depends on the model used.
                    What stops colleges from charging a million a semester?

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                      Ding ding. Let's go deeper who did it before your ancestors?
                      Irish. And before that Germans, I suppose. Lost of Chinese in the West. Then indentured white slaves and forced black slaves in the 18th century ad earlier.

Comment

Working...
                      X