Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny fans: Was this past weekend officially rock bottom?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont really see how its embarassing really. Everyone knows he won the fight, what is evident though is that either manny didnt take the fight seriously or he is seriously declining rapidly. I expected him to KO horn in 6 rounds MAX.

Comment

Man are you kidding me, Marquez 4 still haunts me dreams

This was literally what I looked like at that moment

Not even losing to Floyd was that damaging to me

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        I don't care if you really had him winning or not. He was supposed to steamroll this guy. Most motherf**kers had him stopping this fool within like 3 or 4 rounds. As a Manny fan myself him getting brutally knocked the f**k out by Marquez, and losing in pretty one sided fashion to Floyd -- those were bitter pills to swallow but those were against two first ballot hall of famers. One was to the best of the generation and the other is on a short list of best of his generation.

This was to frigging Jeff Horn. Who was mocked incessantly from the day his name was even rumored as a possible Pacquiao opponent. Just the fact that it was a very competitive fight, against Jeff Horn, is bad enough. I mean even had Pacquiao got the decision would y'all feel good about this? I sure as hell wouldn't. But the fact that it's an official loss on his record...TO JEFF HORN...to me this is rock f**king bottom. With all due respect to Horn by the way who seems like a really good dude and a pretty decent fighter. But Manny Pacquiao, who's supposed to be the 2nd best fighter of his generation...even at 38 should not be in wars with pretty decent B fighters.

This, to me, is rock bottom as a Pacquiao fan. It doesn't get any worse than this. Just the fact that he was fighting Jeff Horn in the first place was bad enough. But now this? How Saturday night unfolded? Do any of you other Manny fans feel the same way?
        Rock bottom? No such thing mate! In my experience there's always something worse around the corner. You just need to heed some good advice...

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Rock bottom? No such thing mate! In my experience there's always something worse around the corner.
          I just mean as a fan. I don't mean rock bottom period. Obviously if a fighter that you root for losing is the worst thing to happen to a person then safe to say that person is doing pretty damn good, lol.

Comment

I just mean as a fan. I don't mean rock bottom period. Obviously if a fighter that you root for losing is the worst thing to happen to a person then safe to say that person is doing pretty damn good, lol.
            Ha ha ha. Indeed. Though given the way some of the denizens act you really would think this **** is life and death to them.

My lowest point as a fan was probably Hatton - Senchenko. I mean, yeah, you knew going in Ricky was probably well past it and his issues had been well documented, but still. Folded like a lawn chair by Vyacheslav fkn Senchenko? I've definitely become more sanguine since then though.

Comment

The lowest part of this fight was seeing just how far Manny has dropped from his prime.

This fight reminded me of Tyson in his latter years.

Fight was actually a good one and entertaining....but Manny is a shadow of his old self now.

He's been slipping in my eyes since Bradley 1, but this was this single biggest drop in form from one fight to another.

Manny did impress with his warrior spirit vs the much bigger and dirtier guy though. His speed, aggression and timing is no where what it was but the spirit remains which was good to see.

Comment

I don't care if you really had him winning or not. He was supposed to steamroll this guy. Most motherf**kers had him stopping this fool within like 3 or 4 rounds. As a Manny fan myself him getting brutally knocked the f**k out by Marquez, and losing in pretty one sided fashion to Floyd -- those were bitter pills to swallow but those were against two first ballot hall of famers. One was to the best of the generation and the other is on a short list of best of his generation.

This was to frigging Jeff Horn. Who was mocked incessantly from the day his name was even rumored as a possible Pacquiao opponent. Just the fact that it was a very competitive fight, against Jeff Horn, is bad enough. I mean even had Pacquiao got the decision would y'all feel good about this? I sure as hell wouldn't. But the fact that it's an official loss on his record...TO JEFF HORN...to me this is rock f**king bottom. With all due respect to Horn by the way who seems like a really good dude and a pretty decent fighter. But Manny Pacquiao, who's supposed to be the 2nd best fighter of his generation...even at 38 should not be in wars with pretty decent B fighters.

This, to me, is rock bottom as a Pacquiao fan. It doesn't get any worse than this. Just the fact that he was fighting Jeff Horn in the first place was bad enough. But now this? How Saturday night unfolded? Do any of you other Manny fans feel the same way?
                Rock bottom will be coming when he fights the rematch with Horn.

Comment

Seeing Manny as a shell of himself was sad to see. I do think it was rock bottom as a fan. He looked pretty bad against Vargas in the second half of that fight, but he was still winning rounds clearly. Against Horn, Pac just didn't let his hands go like he used to.

I thought he did enough to win against Horn, but that's besides the point. He looked terrible. When he fought Mayweather, he didn't do much and was obviously was past his best but didn't necessarily look bad, just overly tentative.

It's been a steady decline, but I actually believe he got old overnight as far back as the Vargas fight.

He's been slipping since he fought Mosley, but Marquez officially ended Pac's prime. And now he's finally officially shot.

As a Pac fan, I want to see him rematch Horn and then retire, win or lose. He'll likely lose to any top Welterweight (and Crawford) at this point, and he'll eventually get knocked out or battered into a stoppage loss soon.
                  Last edited by Willy Wanker; 07-06-2017, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                    Seeing Manny as a shell of himself was sad to see. I do think it was rock bottom as a fan. He looked pretty bad against Vargas in the second half of that fight, but he was still winning rounds clearly. Against Horn, Pac just didn't let his hands go like he used to.

I thought he did enough to win against Horn, but that's besides the point. He looked terrible. When he fought Mayweather, he didn't do much and was obviously was past his best but didn't necessarily look bad, just overly tentative.

It's been a steady decline, but I actually believe he got old overnight as far back as the Vargas fight.
                    Agreed, man. Good post and well said, Wanker.

Comment

It could get worse.

He could get completely dominated and stopped by someone like Horn or worse.

Atleast he was competitive and many thought he won.

It can get worse, trust me.

Ali lost to Spinks, but then he went on to get dominated by Trevor Berbick...

Comment

Working...
                      X