Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather vs McGregor does $2.4 million at the box office

Which fights made more?

Comment

^ I think the tweet means there were two movies that made more yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Holystroke3 View Post
        ^ I think the tweet means there were two movies that made more yesterday.
        Yep, if you look at the Saturday column $2.4M would put it at 3rd for the day. The top 2 were in over 3K theatres though so Mayweather-McGregor likely had the best average per theatre for the night.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/c...7-08-26&p=.htm

Comment

The fight was huge, world wide. I haven't seen it but it sounds like it was good entertainment and Conor did much better than most expected although he was badly beaten after round 3.

Comment

I was at the movies last night, I asked dude (out of curiosity) how much are the fight tickets, he tells me $40 and they're all sold out! I was a bit shocked honestly. I wasn't planning on watching beforehand but I suppose I maybe would have if it weren't sold out - the girl I was with had never seen boxing so it was tempting but we only got there past 1030.

Anyways, later I walk out of the movie for a bag of popcorn a bit after 11pm, and there's a huge line of what looks like country folk (there was some kind of country concert nearby) and I'm like ****ing aye I'm gonna be in this line for like 10-15 minutes for a bag of popcorn. At least I found amusement from the conversations taking place around me, some cowgirl: "floyd mayweather is going to get knocked out! *does a little dance* Her male companion: "yeah!" Ironically, that was a floyd mayweather style "yeah." Guy behind me seemed half-knowledgeable explaining why Floyd can't lose by Vegas money, being a heavy favorite. All in all, it seemed like a crowd of people that have never actually watched boxing, they were just there for Conor McGregor. I'll give him that, he has a very good following and he generates interest every time he's put in front of a microphone. He's a brilliant **** talker and he made this a gigantic event for casual fans.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              The fight was huge, world wide. I haven't seen it but it sounds like it was good entertainment and Conor did much better than most expected although he was badly beaten after round 3.
              Badly beaten in rounds 4 & 8?
              Come on, man. Both of those rounds could easily go to Conor.
              He was badly beaten in rounds 9 & 10
              Otherwise it was competitive

Comment

The fight was huge

Comment

2.4mil buys, not 2.4mil dollars as per the thread title.

2.4 mill dollars, could you imagine it...."Ok Floyd, about that $100 mil purse..."

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
                    2.4mil buys, not 2.4mil dollars as per the thread title.

2.4 mill dollars, could you imagine it...."Ok Floyd, about that $100 mil purse..."
                    $2.4 million dollars at the movie theatres. That's not the PPV.

Comment

Working...
                    X