Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whose loss in big fights were better? Oscar or Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whose loss in big fights were better? Oscar or Cotto?

Cotto's loss...

Margarito (plaster)
    Pacquiao
    Mayweather
    Canelo
    Trout (even though this wasn't really a big fight)

Oscar's loss...

Trinidad
    Mosley 2x
    Hopkins
    Mayweather
    Pacquiao

Me personally, I think the loss in big fights were better for Oscar. Just because he had Hopkins and Trinidad in there. But at the same time, we can say Canelo was Cotto's Trinidad. Oscar did better against Floyd than Cotto did, but Cotto did better than Oscar against Pacquiao. I think the only thing that ruins it for Cotto is Trout. So I'm going to say Oscar had the better loss.

Why asterisk the Margarito loss with "plaster"? No proof. We can't go back and say every Margarito win was done via plaster.

Cotto is a choke artist. He's a diva. And the fact that he's wildly popular actually does his career a disservice. He plays games, and posture due to his rabid fanbase. He's overrated and probably shouldn't be in those big fights.

I'm no fan of Oscar either (although I do like him as a promoter). But, he gave away the Tito fight, and the Mosley losses were tough and close fights. Besides the Manny beat down, and BHop catching him--he didn't lose as bad as Kneegul quitting, getting mopped by Manny and outboxed by Canelo
    Last edited by mneronava2k; 12-05-2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mneronava2k View Post
      Why asterisk the Margarito loss with "plaster"? No proof. We can't go back and say every Margarito win was done via plaster.

Cotto is a choke artist. He's a diva. And the fact that he's wildly popular actually does his career a disservice. He plays games, and posture due to his rabid fanbase. He's overrated and probably shouldn't be in those big fights.

I'm no fan of Oscar either (although I do like him as a promoter). But, he gave away the Tito fight, and the Mosley losses were tough and close fights. Besides the Manny beat down, and BHop catching him--he didn't lose as bad as Kneegul quitting, getting mopped by Manny and outboxed by Canelo
      Stop it, what, so Margarito decided to start using plaster against Mosley because Mosley was the bigger threat? That punk ass cheat was working his drywall magic well before that, it's naive to believe anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
        Cotto's loss...

Margarito (plaster)
        Pacquiao
        Mayweather
        Canelo

Oscar's loss...

Trinidad
        Mosley 2x
        Hopkins
        Mayweather
        Pacquiao

Me personally, I think the loss in big fights were better for Oscar. Just because he had Hopkins and Trinidad in there. But at the same time, we can say Canelo was Cotto's Trinidad. Oscar did better against Floyd than Cotto did, but Cotto did better than Oscar against Pacquiao. I think the only thing that ruins it for Cotto is Trout. So I'm going to say Oscar had the better loss.
        Oscar actually won some big fights and in some cases, spectacularly so.

Cotto only really has Martinez, who doesn't rank close to Whitaker or Chavez and other than that...there's Mosley maybe ?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Oscar actually won some big fights and in some cases, spectacularly so.

Cotto only really has Martinez, who doesn't rank close to Whitaker or Chavez and other than that...there's Mosley maybe ?
          and oscar in reality beat triniwraps too.

so.,

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
            Stop it, what, so Margarito decided to start using plaster against Mosley because Mosley was the bigger threat? That punk ass cheat was working his drywall magic well before that, it's naive to believe anything else.
            Then you have to be fair and put a * on Tito, we don't know if he was wrapping his wraps illegally for the rest of his fights either, you have to be naive not to think he did so. Boxers actually said Titos wraps were unusually hard as a rock.

Have to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
              Cotto's loss...

Margarito (plaster)
              Pacquiao
              Mayweather
              Canelo

Oscar's loss...

Trinidad
              Mosley 2x
              Hopkins
              Mayweather
              Pacquiao

I think the influence of losses is judged mainly in comparison to a fighter's wins. In effect, Oscar's losses don't seem so bad when you look at the fighters he beat. Cotto's wins aren't as impressive, which makes his losses look even worse. I agree, Oscar has the better losses.

Comment

Oscar's losses, all of them, were to HOF's and 4 of them were after he turned 30. Gotta go with Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by mneronava2k View Post

You hit alot of real points, manny vs oscar was lost on the scales. Not weighing 147 in nearly 8 yrs isnt easy. Mosley was juiced vs oscar.Yes no proof on margaritos plaster vs cotto. Cotto only beat him in the rematch because manny gave him the gift of permanently damaging tonys eye.cotto is a diva and has been overrated,wins where his opponents are compromised.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                    Then you have to be fair and put a * on Tito, we don't know if he was wrapping his wraps illegally for the rest of his fights either, you have to be naive not to think he did so. Boxers actually said Titos wraps were unusually hard as a rock.

Have to be fair.
                    Trinidad Sr. himself said they always have, and always will wrap Tito's hands that way after he got caught.

Comment

Working...
                    X