No announcement yet.

Joshua-Wilder let Joshua keep all the UK revenue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsr View Post
    That legitimately raised a chuckle. Joshua has 7.5 million followers so given how strongly you feel about Insta followers as a measure of popularity then an 88-12 Joshua split is the only fair compromise in this case!
    What is there to chuckle about? Promoters use social media metrics all the time to help determine the drawing power or fanbase of a fighter.

When you have an insanely popular A-side like AJ, Canelo, etc, they're always going to have to give a bigger slice than the numbers would suggest because otherwise they won't be able to get the big fights.

Yes, AJ is 7x more popular than Wilder and likely makes 4-5x as much as Wilder per fight. But Wilder is never going to fight him on an 80/20 split and neither is any other top heavyweight. Joseph Parker got a 66/33 split against AJ when Parker only had 200,000 instagram followers. If Wilder is 5x more popular than Parker, he's understandably going to want a higher percentage than Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Wilder is more of a moon than a star. Using a stars light to be seen.
      Wtf does that even mean?

You Sir, are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        You need to stop having a groupie mentality. The facts are what the facts are. Wilder is the biggest American star in boxing. It's ludicrous to claim nobody knows who he is. Just because Canelo, AJ, etc are much bigger stars than Wilder doesn't mean we have to pretend that Wilder isn't a star too. He's Showtime's biggest draw. He's Barclays 2nd biggest draw. He's headlining a SHO PPV. He stars on a reality TV show. He has over a million instagram followers. He's much more well known than Crawford, Thurman, etc.

Just because somebody isn't the biggest star in the world doesn't mean you have to lie about whether they're a star at all.
        I didn't say that he wasn't a star, I only said that being the biggest star in American boxing is bigger than being the biggest American star in boxing.

I know he's a draw. That is why I'm waking up at stupid o'clock to watch the Wilder/Fury fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          since you're supposedly on the inside, you should know they Fury fight is 50-50 across the board
          I was the first one to post that it was a 50/50 split. Wilder is still the A-side though as his name is listed first and Fury is having to come to Wilder's country.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Wilder is more of a moon than a star. Using a stars light to be seen.
            Clever. I like that.

Comment

Then why does he have over a million followers on instagram? Why does he star on a major reality show? Why does he do Showtime's best ratings? Why did he do the 2nd largest crowd in Barclays history? Why is he now the A-side of a major SHO PPV? You're not making any sense. He's the biggest American star in boxing right now.
              nope, not he is not. please...

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                Wtf does that even mean?

You Sir, are stupid.
                id say that because u couldnt understand his eloquent point that u are the stupid idiot here

u just played urself

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
                  id say that because u couldnt understand his eloquent point that u are the stupid idiot here

u just played urself
                  Ok Einstein explain it?

Wilder is the moon?

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                    Wtf does that even mean?

You Sir, are stupid.
                    The moon is visible due to the Sun's light...the Sun is actually a star.

Makes complete sense.

What Robbie Barrett is alluding too is that Wilder is being lit up by another boxer, such as Joshua or possibly Fury.

Comment

What is there to chuckle about? Promoters use social media metrics all the time to help determine the drawing power or fanbase of a fighter.

When you have an insanely popular A-side like AJ, Canelo, etc, they're always going to have to give a bigger slice than the numbers would suggest because otherwise they won't be able to get the big fights.

Yes, AJ is 7x more popular than Wilder and likely makes 4-5x as much as Wilder per fight. But Wilder is never going to fight him on an 80/20 split and neither is any other top heavyweight. Joseph Parker got a 66/33 split against AJ when Parker only had 200,000 instagram followers. If Wilder is 5x more popular than Parker, he's understandably going to want a higher percentage than Parker.
                      Yet nothing of what you have mentioned has a direct translation into revenue generation.. nor does wilder have any statistical or empirical data to suggest he pulls in any amount of revenue that would state he is worthy of the percentages he speaks of. None...

Last I heard. Showtime or any network didn't pay guarantees based on your insta followers.

I don't know where you're deciphering that wilder is the A side in the fury fight when the financials are split down the middle. Please don't tell me youre basing wilder being the A side in that fight because it's in the states and only that..

Wilder has no data or evidence to suggest he does well on the PPV platform in the USA . Fury Vs Klitschko did 540,000 buys UK and sky declined to buy the rematch after the terrible borefest number 1 turned out to be.

We spoke the other day of how badly they were trying to shift tickets for the rematch at the MEN.

65/35 plus a 20 mil guarantee. Wilder should bite the ****ing hand off Hearn of that's what he is offered or anywhere close.

Or if he's such a big ****ing star.. let him have 50/50 "for the fans" and AJ gets 80 /20 UK revenue..

Comment

Working...
                      X