No announcement yet.

I have the solution to Joshua V Wilder fairness of purse conundrum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the solution to Joshua V Wilder fairness of purse conundrum

After many months of both fighters and fans pointing the finger at the other side, and accusing ducking, unfair splits and so on, it has become pretty clear that both guys want it, but they can't see eye to eye on what is fair.

How about this: They both get exactly what they got for their previous fights, and then whatever after that they split 50/50.

This is perfectly logical because the value of this fight is measured by the increase in revenue from the previous standards.

So, if Joshua is used to getting say $20M, and can pretty much get that anytime he fights. And if Wilder is used to getting $2.5M, and can pretty much get that anytime he fights, then anything over the first $22.5M should be shared 50/50 (other than what the promoters take out of course).

This folks, is the hard uppercut of pure logic hitting you on the chin. Fair, and it'll never happen or be proposed.

I think the real issue here now is the DAZN/Showtime thing. I have no idea how theyre going to get past that anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
      After many months of both fighters and fans pointing the finger at the other side, and accusing ducking, unfair splits and so on, it has become pretty clear that both guys want it, but they can't see eye to eye on what is fair.

How about this: They both get exactly what they got for their previous fights, and then whatever after that they split 50/50.

This is perfectly logical because the value of this fight is measured by the increase in revenue from the previous standards.

So, if Joshua is used to getting say $20M, and can pretty much get that anytime he fights. And if Wilder is used to getting $2.5M, and can pretty much get that anytime he fights, then anything over the first $22.5M should be shared 50/50 (other than what the promoters take out of course).

This folks, is the hard uppercut of pure logic hitting you on the chin. Fair, and it'll never happen or be proposed.
      Once Joshua refused to accept the $50 million against 50% offer, it was clear to me that he did not want to fight Wilder. Your deal makes perfect sense, but is actually worst than that original offer.

Joshua is not the number 1 heavyweight in the world. He never was. It is an artificial rating bestowed to him by the various ranking bodies. Fury is the lineal champion and Wilder is the longest reigning champion. Few fighters have the guts to fight Wilder and some even cheat to gain an advantage. Others swear to the public that they want to fight him, but then refuse to do what is necessary to get him in the ring (Whyte) or offer insulting flat fee contracts to avoid fighting him.

The winner of Wilder-Fury should be considered the number 1 heavyweight in the world. If it's Fury, it will be one of the most remarkable comebacks in boxing history. If it's Wilder, he will be added to a 133 year heavyweight lineage (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...orld_champions) which includes the likes of John L. Sullivan, Jack Johnson, Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis and Wladimir Klitschko.

Joshua is not on that list and won't be until he fights the Wilder-Fury winner. It's that simple...
      Last edited by davefromvancouv; 11-05-2018, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X