Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn sent the contract to Wilder 3 days late. Now he's ignoring Wilder's emails

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ isn't scared but how anyone can deny Matchroom want to protect their investment (AJ) is beyond me.

That Alabama power got them shook

Comment

Finkel confirmed the paperwork Matchroom Boxing’s Barry Hearn was received three days later than planned on Monday, and by Tuesday had sent TWO POINTS to be reaffirmed by Joshua's handlers before making the fight official.

Giving an update on Thursday, Finkel explained a roadblock had been hit as a result of a failure to respond on the part of Hearn.

"We looked at the contract on Monday and raised two specific details in the paperwork that we needed clarification of," Finkel exclusively told World Boxing News

I dont get this bit, so they received it on Monday or they received it on Thursday (3 days late)?

Comment

Would be very disappointing if this deal lives and dies with DAZN. Very very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
          How do you know they weren't discussed before? What have they been discussing for 2 months? You yourself said that ALL the finer details are worked out before contracts are exchanged. When it suited your argument you were happy to see Finkel demand that Joshua/Matchroom agree to a deal without ANY of the details.

Now that the tables have turned and you have flipped again.
          It seems quite clear that the money and stuff is agreed on.

It seems like Hearn wants to put the fight on DAZN which, if that is the deal-breaker, is a travesty of biblical proportions!

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            It seems quite clear that the money and stuff is agreed on.

It seems like Hearn wants to put the fight on DAZN which, if that is the deal-breaker, is a travesty of biblical proportions!

Well what I read from that 'They don't care' tweet is that DAZN don't care about the fight.

If not, then it points to Team Wilder indicating that they don't care whether it goes on DAZN or Showtime. Surely this was clarified/agreed before a contract was sent?

But if it's true that Hearn plans to cut Showtime out and launch DAZN with this fight, then, to quote many Wilder fans' words 'who cares where the money's coming from, the funds are there'. They get a PPV for $20.

Maybe DAZN outbid Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              These are legal documents governing a multi million dollar deal. There are pages and pages of terms, clauses, fine print, etc that weren't discussed before. Basic terms were agreed to, then you send a contract. Of course the other side will then come back seeking clarification. The first draft of a contract is never signed. It's a process.

Hence why the 50M offer from Wilder was a publicity stunt (if anybody has doubts).

On topic it just shows that negotiating a fight of this magnitude isn't easy and we the public never get the full info. The good thing is that the fight is being negotiated still.

Comment

Well what I read from that 'They don't care' tweet is that DAZN don't care about the fight.

If not, then it points to Team Wilder indicating that they don't care whether it goes on DAZN or Showtime. Surely this was clarified/agreed before a contract was sent?

But if it's true that Hearn plans to cut Showtime out and launch DAZN with this fight, then, to quote many Wilder fans' words 'who cares where the money's coming from, the funds are there'. They get a PPV for $20.

Think this has always been about DAZN, Joshua turning down the $50mil, saying he had "commitments". If Joshua's new Matchroom contract has him getting a % of Matchroom, hes gunna be as much about making DAZN work as the rest of them.

Comment

This headline is misleading. Is wilder a promoter? How come hearn is ignoring his email? Is he in a position to send hearn an email?

Comment

It’s very obvious Hearn don’t want the wilder fight. End of story

Comment

I read that Hearn said "Wilder don't care", it seems like that's the sticking point which is why Espinoza etc is jumping on board. I'm sure he's privy to negotiations too.

Well, still. Showtime have always been the U.S partner and have shown all of Wilders and all of Joshua's fights for the past 3 years. I think it's fair to expect they'd be doing this fight on PPV.

I get that Hearn is trying to serve his own deal in the U.S but come on.

Comment

Working...
                      X