Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's a clear pattern forming with Kovalev!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a clear pattern forming with Kovalev!!

Is it a coincidence that he managed to score knock-downs against all three of Hopkins, Chilemba and Ward but was unable to get the stoppage? I know these guys are elusive but for something to happen three times suggests there's an issue somewhere in his make-up. Either his power isn't what it's hyped up to be, His conditioning isn't good enough, he can't cut off the ring effectively or he's simply too one dimensional to cope with his opponents adjustments. Which one is it?

Yes, some will insist that he deserved to win all three fights anyway, but the point remains the same... Why wasn't he able to finish even one of these three opponents?

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
    Is it a coincidence that he managed to score knock-downs against all three of Hopkins, Chilemba and Ward but was unable to get the stoppage? I know these guys are elusive but for something to happen three times suggests there's an issue somewhere in his make-up. Either his power isn't what it's hyped up to be, His conditioning isn't good enough, he can't cut off the ring effectively or he's simply too one dimensional to cope with his opponents adjustments. Which one is it?

Yes, some will insist that he deserved to win all three fights anyway, but the point remains the same... Why wasn't he able to finish even one of these three opponents?
    Because that's what happens when you step up from fighting cab drivers...

Comment

I can understand the Hopkins fight as he literally ran, and when a fighter like that doesnt want to get ko'd they wont

I did not see the Chilemba fight so i cant comment

Ward is a beast and adjusted and fought his ass off

Comment

Once you start facing real competition every fighter's KO % drops. Kovalev has very good power, but it's not elite Julian Jackson like power. His boxing is underrated though, he is very skilled.

Comment

Kovalev didn't catch Ward or Hopkins at the end of the punch he didn't generate full power I'll give him a pass he should have stopped Chilemba though his conditioning failed him

Comment

He doesnt set up his right hand properly ,he paws and measures with his left and opponents know the right is to follow when he stands tall you can see him loading it up . He knocked down Ward bc he caught him coming in. Ihavent seen Kovalev outside the Ward fight but im assuming this is how he fights always ? Simple adjustment imop would be work on balance he seemed to punch himself out of position when throwing hard rights ,when he misses hes clumsy and has to reset .

Comment

"Is it a coincidence that he managed to score knock-downs against all three of Hopkins, Chilemba and Ward but was unable to get the stoppage?"

Those guys are all runners and have super low KO%.

I could say it was a huuuge feet that kov was able to KD ward and Hopkins, nobody else really has.....Those guys are defensive masters

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                "Is it a coincidence that he managed to score knock-downs against all three of Hopkins, Chilemba and Ward but was unable to get the stoppage?"

I could say it was a huuuge feet that kov was able to KD ward and Hopkins, nobody else really has.....Those guys are defensive masters
                Ward didn't run in the second half of the fight though. Infact he was doing work on the inside and Kov was trying to headlock the dude.

Comment

It's a function of 2 things. Kovalev is a head hunter. He doesn't work the body, which is why his opponents don't really slow down as the fight goes on. Two, all of his opponents shell up more and get even more defensive when they realize they can't hang with them.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post

Pascal dropped Hopkins 2 times and he was dropped earlier in his career..and Ward was dropped by Boone..and learn how to quote people

Comment

Working...
                    X