No announcement yet.

Mayweather Vs. McGeeggor has ruined image of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather Vs. McGeeggor has ruined image of Boxing

Now every fucking celebrity/sports personality thinks they can box like Rio Ferdinand. Or it'll be George Foreman challenging Steven Segal to a boxing match which the latter can use kicks.

It's turned boxing casuals' opinions even worse.

Smfh

This all started with Mayweather/McGreggor. If it wasn't for that fight.
    Last edited by MeiXiang; 10-05-2017, 04:32 AM.

I wouldn't say that, Freddie Flintoff tried it years ago

Mayweather/McGregor wasn't that bad. Let's face it he's the best fighter in the UFC and fans wanted it. Maybe not hardcore fans but there was way too much interest for it not to happen. We all knew Floyd was gonna win, but people have always wanted to see a great boxer vs a great MMA fighter and we got to see it. Funny how now people are acting like Conor was just some bum off the streets.

There's always tons of bogus fights and mismatches in boxing this is nothing new. A lot of fights have been a joke. I'm not for celebrities trying the sport either but you can't blame Floyd or anyone else for that, blame the networks who show it! If the networks rejected the idea it wouldn't happen. They just want ratings.

It's not gonna ruin boxing either way. Boxing will always grow and evolve.

Comment

So WHAT! It brought $ & fans base. I bet you wouldn't have ANY issues if it were YOU. Stop being a party pooper dude.

Comment

Floyd supposedly the greatest fighter of this era arguably lost 4 rounds against an MMA fighter with no boxing experience, I dont care if it was strategic reasons thats a huge embarassment IMO

Comment

No if anything its enhanced it

The way you attract casuals to become more avid followers is to show high contact fights between high profile fighters

Rio is probably doing it for personal reasons...as a personal challenge. Hes had personal tragedies. I doubt he sees himself as a equivalent as a mma fighter transitioning to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
            Floyd supposedly the greatest fighter of this era arguably lost 4 rounds against an MMA fighter with no boxing experience, I dont care if it was strategic reasons thats a huge embarassment IMO
            Not when you consider he was 40 and 20 pounds lighter also the fact of his hands and him being a completely defence first fighter
            boxing is a small part of the UFC so he does have experience albeit limit experience
            Although I agree with the thread that Forman and segal is getting out of hand ��

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post

winners are never embarrased.

Comment

How did it ruin the image of boxing? Mayweather showed boxers are superior pugilists. It silenced UFC fans who go on about "MMA fighters can box just as good as any boxer but choose not to and can beat any boxer....yada yada yada".

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
                  Now every fucking celebrity/sports personality thinks they can box like Rio Ferdinand. Or it'll be George Foreman challenging Steven Segal to a boxing match which the latter can use kicks.

It's turned boxing casuals' opinions even worse.

Smfh

This all started with Mayweather/McGreggor. If it wasn't for that fight.
                  Manny wanted the McGregor fight too

Comment

It honestly feels like that fight is already forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X