Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was down with Winky Wright (160lbs) vs Floyd Mayweather (140lbs)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Yea, the Winky that beat Tito was too much for 140lb Floyd. Both were highly talented but, as the saying goes, you pic the big talented guy over the little talented guy.
    I agree. Watching some of Winky Wright's highlights and he mastered the high guard defense. Fascinated by that technique

Comment

Floyd was getting outjabbed by cotto in big spots ffs....de la hoya too....winky would have dominated him, but the fight was kinda dumb...half the reason floyd has such an advantage in his fights are his long arms and wright had long ass arms too...i never thought Floyd would take it, it was a publicity stunt so Floyd could claim he was being avoided and he would even fight the other best p4p. Winky never looked like he was taking it seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
        Remember when this fight was nearly signed but at the last minute Floyd pulled out. Who here was okay with this match-up. Looking at some older threads it seemed posters had no issue with 160lb Wright facing the 140lb Floyd, but hey what do I know.
        A high % will be the same people who repeat " GGG trying to unify doe"...." he a small middleweight doe "...."why does he have to move up!!"

wanted to see the man lose at any cost ROFL...even if it was a huge size disparity

Comment

Winky is much bigger than Floyd, has great defense, great jab and he's a southpaw.

The combination of all those attributes, especially the size difference, I really wouldn't like Floyd's chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            That sounds horrible, but I wasn't following closely at the and context is important. What year was this?
            around 04 when floyd was looking for an opponent to make a PPV splash..wright beat mosley twice in 04.......he ended up fighting Gatti summer of 05 and and Wright fought trinidad that may....Wright never moved back down so the talks died down

Comment

Sorry to toe guy who said Floyd stopped Winky. Winky could make 154 easy and 162 was a good weight for him. Floyd had trouble with good jabbers and Winky was the biggest strongest jabber of them all. Floyd also doesn't throw enough punches to off set Winky stalking him with the power jab.

Comment

floyd wanted to move up and become middleweigth champ but winky didn't want any of it. 50-50 with the future biggest star in boxing? get real winky!

Comment

Winky wright unanimous decision.
                  Floyd ducked prime winky like the plague for a reason. The reason being winky was "PRIME"

Comment

Working...
                  X